jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Are the dooms day preppers crazy, a little over zealous, or right on the money?

1. phion profile image61
    phionposted 6 years ago

Are the dooms day preppers crazy, a little over zealous, or right on the money?

What if anything are you doing to prepare for the futrure?

2. badegg profile image77
    badeggposted 6 years ago

We have a doomsday prepper in the family, and even though he seems in sound mind with everything else, I think he's nuts with his doomsday rhetoric. He has dug an underground house behind his existing above ground house and has filled it with food, fuel, guns, ammo, radios, guns, ammo, military survival gear, guns, ammo and a couple of pistols, and some bullets. And some guns and ammo.

He has been storing fuel around his property, and even bought a big 6 wheel drive army truck loaded with ......you can guess.

This man is also a minister.

Go figure. Too much Pat Robertson, i guess.

1. neohiobiker profile image60
      neohiobikerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I hope with an attitude like yours when things go south your left on the outside. Why not help out can't hurt you to learn something and look around your narrow view of the world is in big trouble

3. mattforte profile image91
    mattforteposted 6 years ago

Overzealous would be the right term, I think.
    I have a friend who is convinced there will be some sort of apocolypse soon...particularly from economic meltdown. He doesn't go nuts, just got himself a big Ford Expedition, just in case...has a large supply of water bottles, just in case....and stockpiles canned food. (But not in quantities so large that it's out of hand)
    The "doomsday preppers" on the other hand...while they've been around forever, and are just *now* getting attention thanks to the media, they're just kidding themselves.

Yes, there may be a big "doomsday" of some sorts soon. There are a million and one ways it could happen. There may also not be one for another 200 years. We can't know.
    Going overboard like that is just plain silly - not to mention a waste of money. It's like wearing a big padded suit just in case you get hit by a bus, or wearing full kevlar to church in case some nut decides to open fire. Yeah, it might happen...but so might a million other things.

4. neohiobiker profile image60
    neohiobikerposted 5 years ago

Right on the Money:
        This Prepper Doomsday means anything that disrupts our normal daily living. It could be financial melt down or three mile Island melt down. Prepping is prepping and they overlap. Like the mormons they keep a years supply of food for back up.  Just look around you everything is in the state of collaspe even use with our fiat money.

working