jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Is gold still a good investment for 2012?

1. davenmidtown profile image88
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

Is gold still a good investment for 2012?

2. kevincook profile image60
    kevincookposted 6 years ago

ya of course, because it's price going to increase in coming days.

3. davenmidtown profile image88
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

Perfect! sounds like a good hub! Welcome to hubpages. If you need help navigating around or have questions, let me know. I see the gold topic come up a lot so it will be good to have an expert on hand to promote investing!

4. cheaptoys profile image59
    cheaptoysposted 6 years ago

from what i know the price of gold since has not reached its highest peak adjusted for inflation. it will go up whenever there is a QE so yeah buy it when the price drops

5. bhaskardada profile image41
    bhaskardadaposted 6 years ago

Certainly gold is a very good investment if not the best.

6. CorinneCanada profile image61
    CorinneCanadaposted 6 years ago

Tricky question....gold has such an irrational value attached to it, maybe it would be a good investment in the long term, maybe. Personally I only invest in dividend-paying stocks.

7. Free2seethemoon profile image72
    Free2seethemoonposted 6 years ago

I agree it's tricky. Historically, sure, it's always a good time to get in. But gold is best to use as an inflation hedge, unless you are buying and selling prodigious quantities of it. If you look at the past year, the run was good, and since then it has roller- coastered within 100 points (roughly.) On the other hand, some experts think it will hit 2,000 and even 2,500. Check out CMI gold and silver (cmigs.com) They have a great informative newsletter you can sign up for for free.

8. MobyWho profile image60
    MobyWhoposted 6 years ago

To answer a question with a question: How much of an investment in gold is lost from paying the commissions to buy and sell? Is it like a car: buying it is easy; selling a loser?

9. Gold Buyer MI profile image72
    Gold Buyer MIposted 3 years ago

Gold is always a good investment. If you don't need it (old or broken jewelry) you can refine it and get cash for it at any time. Currently, prices are very high.