jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do you think of rising gas prices and what do you think is causing gas pric

1. suzzycue profile image93
    suzzycueposted 6 years ago

What do you think of rising gas prices and what do you think is causing gas prices to go so high?

In southern Ontario gas is predicted to go to $1.55 a litre. That adds up to $6.20 a gallon by the end of May when gas usually goes up. I can see our tourist business will be struggling under these gas heights.

2. profile image0
    Gusserposted 6 years ago

Instability in the Middle East is driving prices up along with limiting production. If more drilling had been done 10 years ago, the supply would force prices down. The decline of the US Dollar is also a major factor  in the rising price.

3. MojoDawg profile image61
    MojoDawgposted 6 years ago

Greed of the oil companies, lack of planning and alternatives for countries that use a lot of oil and the oncoming vacation season.

I cannot speak for Canada but the US for one has not made use of the resources we have and have become overly dependent on foreign oil. The catch is American companies like Exxon buy from other sources and are making a killing, additionally we have not been refining oil here but shipping it overseas for refining. This is another example of opting out of your own infrastructure building.

I am in favor of "sustainable practices"; yet there has to be balance in everything. Now we find ourselves in unbalanced situation with the cards in the hands of others; that would be the one with the oil. We can blame the Middle Eastern countries till the cows come home, but we game them this power.

There is a silver lining in every dark cloud, we as a people all over the world are being forced to use our ingenuity to extract ourselves from the energy crisis that is actually yet to come.

The time is long past for people to be passive in times like this, of coarse I am very opinionated about things such as this conundrum, if you don't stand for something, you may fall for anything. Blessings:smile

4. profile image0
    idratherbeposted 6 years ago

Speculators are the villians. Hoarding the oil and driving the cost up. We are drilling more oil today then when President Bush was in office. So follow the money, speculators and wall street.

5. Adamowen profile image80
    Adamowenposted 6 years ago

It is £1.40 a litre here atm which is silly ... it's due to greed from the world bankers the price rising.