jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you ever feel bad if thinking about money when writing a hub?

1. Nomascus concolor profile image61
    Nomascus concolorposted 6 years ago

Do you ever feel bad if thinking about money when writing a hub?

Do you sometimes miss the beauty of doing something for the sake of it - or is it pretty clear to you that writing here is just a business like any other...

2. stugod profile image77
    stugodposted 6 years ago

I have never thought about making money. I just make it..If you are writing hubs with a view to making money A. You will never make any..B you will not enjoy the experience. C You will churn out endless page fillers..

3. Jessi10 profile image76
    Jessi10posted 6 years ago

You know, for me this is a mixture of both. I KNOW that I can make money writing on Hubpages. Sometimes I just get great ideas for Hubs, and I write them, then publish them without thinking "Oh how much money am I getting from these hubs". Then there are other times when I do think "How many hubs do I need to write in order to cash out this month? To pay bills etc..

I basically write because I love to, AND because I make money from it. But this isn't the only website I write for and make money from. So, for me writing is split between writing for fun, and for money.

4. Stephanie Henkel profile image95
    Stephanie Henkelposted 6 years ago

Speaking for myself, I write because I love it, but I never feel guilty for thinking (and hoping) that I'll also make some money at it.

While I seldom write hubs centered around products, I have no qualms about writing a promotional hub. Even this kind of hub takes time and thought and creativity, and there is certainly nothing wrong with taking pride in doing it well.

5. cheaptoys profile image59
    cheaptoysposted 6 years ago

you should be rewarded for your writing why feel bad about it

working