jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How To Increase My Chances At Winning A Lottery?

1. PhoenixV profile image76
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

How To Increase My Chances At Winning A Lottery?

With Mega Million and other lotteries getting bigger and bigger, what are some ways to better my odds or chances at winning a lottery?

2. geetika iyer profile image73
    geetika iyerposted 5 years ago

Let me tell you an old fable:
    There was an old man who prayed everyday to Lord Ganesha to make his one wish, to win the lottery come true. He would spend many hours praying in the temple, wishing that all his miseries would end if only he would win the lottery grand price, someday. This continued for many months and then for many years. Not a day went by when the old man did not pray for the winning lottery ticket.
    One day after many years the old man finally lost his patience, broke down and started crying to the Lord: "I have been praying everyday, for so many years. I am a honest and sincere man, who has done no harm to anyone. Yet my one, only wish has not been granted to me?"

Just then, a voice came from behind the deity's statue: "My son, you have been praying everyday to win the lottery. Yet you have never purchased a single lottery ticket!"

Moral of the story: For anything to happen in your life, you need to truly believe that it will! The first step to anything is faith and belief.

3. Nagatang profile image75
    Nagatangposted 5 years ago

Mathematically speaking....buying two tickets instead of one will increase you chance by 100%, but that still left you with 99.9999999% of losing. The odd is just incredibility small.

4. RolyRetro profile image84
    RolyRetroposted 5 years ago

In the UK, if you buy 1 ticket you will have a 1 in 14 million chance, if you buy 2 you double your chances...yes that's 2 chances in 14 million! 

And its just as likely for the sequence 1,2,3,4,5,6 to come up as 2,13,21,33,35,46.  It is also just as likely for the same numbers to come up 2 weeks running as any other sequence.  So trying to pick something that looks random does not help, or looking at what numbers have come up before.

The only way to (minimally) increase your chances are to buy more tickets, and buy them every week - you can't win if you don't play!

working