jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If you were to find money on the ground would you turn it in?

1. buckey777 profile image70
    buckey777posted 5 years ago

If you were to find money on the ground would you turn it in?

How much money would it have to be for you to try and find the owner or turn it in?

2. glockr profile image59
    glockrposted 5 years ago

If it was a small amount (say $20 or less just laying loose I might keep it. If it was in a wallet (even without ID) or other identifying feature (like I saw the person drop it) I'd turn it in or return it no matter how small or large the amount.

3. TheLifeExperiment profile image59
    TheLifeExperimentposted 5 years ago

Same here. If it was just a small/moderate amount of cash that anyone could have been carrying around, then it would be impossible to find out who it belongs to. If it was a wad of like 500 bucks or a wallet the definitely I would turn it in.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

It would depend on where I was, and how much money it was.  If I am walking on the street and find a $20 and there is no one around who might have dropped it, I would likely put it in my pocket.  But if found a large sum I would take it to the police.

5. RolyRetro profile image85
    RolyRetroposted 5 years ago

It would depend on the amout, if it was a single note this would be very difficult to link to an indivisual, how would you even claim it was our money?  If it was more than one note, then there is a chance someone would be missing this specific amount and I would hand to a police station.

If it was a wallet or had other identifiable marks I would absolutely hand in, and my experience is that people consider their own feelings if they themselves lost a wallet, and will always want the owner to find it again.

I think this is a basic test of human nature, and most people would pass.