jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How high must the lottery be for you to buy a ticket?

1. Hypersapien profile image36
    Hypersapienposted 6 years ago

How high must the lottery be for you to buy a ticket?

After the massive $646 million pot of a few weeks ago, people just don't seem as excited about lottery prizes that traditionally have been considered large. (For instance, the Powerball grand prize now sits at $173 million, but it doesn't appear to be exciting anyone.)  How high must the lottery be for you to play, and is that number any different than what it was before the record-breaking pot a few weeks back?

2. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 6 years ago

I don't play when it is high. More people are playing and the chances of winning are lower. I play when it is under $100 million.

3. profile image0
    Jennifer Angelposted 6 years ago

Never buy a ticket for the power ball if the number is under 50 million. The odds of winning...well you'll just have to look it up! smile

4. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

I've never bought one, so I guess the number isn't there yet-- I suspect it never will be, for me.

5. MomsTreasureChest profile image89
    MomsTreasureChestposted 5 years ago

I usually wind up playing the Powerball lottery when it's really high; only because it's all over the tv and radio and it makes me think I should go buy a ticket or two.  Otherwise I don't really think about playing, but I will buy scratch off tickets more often.

working