jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What is your best yard sell find?

1. buckey777 profile image73
    buckey777posted 5 years ago

What is your best yard sell find?

What was the best item you've found in a yard sell?

2. RichardPac profile image83
    RichardPacposted 5 years ago

An entire lot of Vintage photography equipment. Projectors, screens, enlargers, lenses, cameras.. Paid $200 for the entire truck load, and flipped it all on ebay for over $1000 profit!

1. buckey777 profile image73
      buckey777posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Nice I'm thinking about getting into flipping items myself wanted to see what kind of stuff people find and see if its worth it. Just curious did you know the value of the items before you went or did you have to look it up and go back?

3. DonnaWallace profile image73
    DonnaWallaceposted 5 years ago

My best yard sale find was a hand-crafted solid wood wine rack that was imported from Germany. The sellers had lived in Germany while they were in the military, and were cleaning the house after their move. I was one of the last customers of the day, so they sold the cabinet for $20. Since then, I have received several offers for well over $100 each, but I have turned them down. I love this piece!

4. hawaiianodysseus profile image82
    hawaiianodysseusposted 5 years ago

Thanks for your question, buckey777. Although it's taken about four months, I paid $107 at an estate sale for about 250 vintage magazines and have used only a fraction of those magazines to generate over a thousand dollars by selling ads gleaned from them. Potentially, I could easily make five more grand without buying another magazine. God has been good to my wife and me.