Can you set up Pay Pal so your money is automatically transferred?

1. Pamela N Red profile image85
    Pamela N Redposted 5 years ago

Can you set up Pay Pal so your money is automatically transferred?

I would rather not have to go in and manually transfer money they owe me each time. Is there a way to set this up so I don't have to do that?

2. hawaiianodysseus profile image82
    hawaiianodysseusposted 5 years ago

Hi, Pamela N Red!

I, too, have wondered if PayPal offers an automated process of sending a client's money to his or her bank account.

A few minutes ago, i called PayPal and inquired about this. The pleasant gentleman who assisted me sent me email instructions on how to do this.

Here is the body of the pertinent information that PayPal provided me:

You can automatically transfer your PayPal balance to a bank account by signing up for Auto Sweep. Auto Sweep transfers money to your bank account every night. It takes 3 to 4 business days for the money to post to your bank account.

To use Auto Sweep:

You must have a Premier account or Business PayPal account.
    You must have a bank account linked to your PayPal account.
    You must not have a withdrawal limit.
    Here’s how to use Auto Sweep:

Contact Customer Service at 1-888-221-1161 to sign up for Auto Sweep.
    Go to and log in to your account.
    Click "Profile" near the top of the page.
    Click "My money."
    Hover over "More" near "PayPal balance," and then click "Auto Sweep."
    Click "Edit."
    Click "Yes," select the bank you want your money transferred to, and click "Save."
    If you add money to your PayPal balance from your bank account, we automatically disable Auto Sweep. You can turn on Auto Sweep again any time.

If you have a PayPal Debit MasterCard®, there will not be a cash balance in your PayPal account for use with the debit card.

That's it, Pamela N Red!  I hope this helps!

Best regards!

Hawaiian Odysseus

3. teaches12345 profile image94
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

Thanks for asking this question, Pamela.  I wondered about this as well.  Now, with Hawaii's answer, we can both proceed with the option.