jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Do you drive at least one hour to work, (one way), and if so, how do you cope wi

1. Denise Handlon profile image90
    Denise Handlonposted 5 years ago

Do you drive at least one hour to work, (one way), and if so, how do you cope with the gas prices?

I drive approximately 60 miles to work one way.  Does anyone else have that long of a commute and if so, how do you economize with the gas prices?

2. Global-Chica profile image95
    Global-Chicaposted 5 years ago

I used to commute about 60 miles each way to work and to save on gas, I joined a carpooling group and carpooled as often as I can.

Denise Handlonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good for you...I only wish there was a carpool available.  I live in the country and drive into the city and the other person from my town works the exact opposite shift I do.  sad  Thanks for commenting.

3. tipstoretireearly profile image83
    tipstoretireearlyposted 5 years ago

I would never drive that far to work.  I'd bet that many people who drive that far would find a new job or move if they were to calculate their actual commuting costs.

you would think that until you were in that position where there is NO jobs in your area and that is the closest place to work.  Unfortunately, I can't move yet due to kids in last year of H.S.

4. ackman1465 profile image59
    ackman1465posted 5 years ago

I'm SO GLAD you asked this question, because it gives me an opportunity to spout off about gasoline prices.....

Did anyone notice that many of the "news" "commentators" were all over Barack Obama when gas prices rose to $3.90 or more.... blaming him, personally and individually???

Lately, the prices have moderated (down to $3.47 where I am)... and I haven't heard so much as a PEEP from those "commentators" giving Obama CREDIT (personal and individual) for getting those prices to fall!!!!.....

HUH?????

Your right about that.  Excellent point!  Thanks for bringing this up.

5. Faith Reaper profile image89
    Faith Reaperposted 5 years ago

I dirve approximately 58 miles each way during the work week.  Before we moved up this way, we sold are big blazer and purchased two civis, which get almost 40 miles to the gallon.  My husband is retried now, and I have about seven more years to go, and trying to hang in there with the gas prices.

6. glassvisage profile image88
    glassvisageposted 5 years ago

Thank you for posting this question. I am buying a new house about an hour from my current job, and I am contemplating if I want to drive the whole way on my own schedule, carpool (there are coworkers I can carpool with), or take public transportation (which takes longer, but at least I can read a book). I am leaning toward using public transit; there is a bus as well as a train I can take.

working