jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you own Facebook stocks or would you buy Facebook shares?

1. flashmakeit profile image67
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

Do you own Facebook stocks or would you buy Facebook shares?

2. springfox profile image60
    springfoxposted 5 years ago

I do not own any Facebook stocks because I think they were not priced right.  The price reflected the founder's ego and the banker's zeal to generate an abnormal profit.  Also the company need to reveal how they intend to generate revenue, and a return to the share holders  that justifies their investment.

3. michiganman567 profile image83
    michiganman567posted 5 years ago

No I do not own any facebook stocks, but yes I would buy facebook shares.  I think that you will make a lot of money off of them one day.  Im actually thinking about buying some now...

4. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 5 years ago

I do not own FB stocks and would not in the future. I disagree with the way some things are done by FB. Also, before the IPO the numbers that were being speculated about seemed high to me (and I am NOT an experienced investor). The prices seemed to be hype with no substance. Then when it finally opened for trading, the number was actually as high as what I'd been told and the price fell and fell. There has been no solid info about how they will monetize the mobile niche and that will be very important to FB.

5. CR Rookwood profile image84
    CR Rookwoodposted 5 years ago

No, I wouldn't buy them and don't own any.

I think it's way too early to get into tech stocks. Back in the 90s, some people I knew lost most of their 401ks fooling around with them. One of my bosses lost a hundred grand overnight. So much of it is hype and ego, and remember My Space? Prodigy Bulletin Boards? Yahoo message boards? Who uses these things now? Who cares about them at all?

Right now, all these big players are trying to guess what is coming next and be the first one there. I don't think Facebook will win that game. Or at least, I hope it won't.

6. cheaptoys profile image59
    cheaptoysposted 5 years ago

not at this moment when the shares got listed

7. LaThing profile image73
    LaThingposted 5 years ago

I haven't bought them yet, but will for short term though, not for keep! Like CR pointed out about My Space and others....

working