Do you think Bargaining or haggling is a good behavior?

1. pedagog profile image81
    pedagogposted 5 years ago

Do you think Bargaining or haggling is a good behavior?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6706216_f260.jpg

2. Sage in a Cage profile image83
    Sage in a Cageposted 5 years ago

I don't think you can ever class haggling as either 'good' or 'bad' behaviour. It is something which is culturally determined. I might enjoy spending an hour trying to get a bargain for some shoes with a seller in Morrocco but I understand when I go into a department store in the United States, for example, I need to pay the price requested on the tag.

Personally, I love haggling. It is not part of my everyday life experience so, when I am in a country in which it is the norm, I approach it like a game! I love the witty banter backwards and forwards and the dramatic gestures. As for whether, I could handle haggling everyday as the only means to conduct business, I don't think I would have the energy!

3. dennis.cherenkov profile image73
    dennis.cherenkovposted 5 years ago

Bargaining is a very good behavior, haggling does have a negative connotation attached.  Negotiating would be my word of choice.  Keep in mind as long as you are honest, do not lie or cheat getting a bargain is a great thing and it is still a win-win situation.  Both parties, if the deal is done on a willful basis, benefit from the transaction.

working