How have you, your family or friends been affected by the economic downturn ?

1. iwriteforyou profile image73
    iwriteforyouposted 5 years ago

How have you, your family or friends been affected by the economic downturn ?

The news focuses on banker bonuses, export volumes and fiscal metrics but what is the impact on normal people and families ?. The lack of 'real stories' make many people think the recession has only hit their household so hopefully this question will make us all feel a little more unified in our challenges.

2. NC4Life078 profile image86
    NC4Life078posted 5 years ago

Well, I know that since Obama has been in office more people are now on food stamps then ever before. The unemployment rate is still a staggering 8.2% for "Civilians" and 12.1% for Veterans which puts thousands of Americans out of work, including myself. This is extremely unfortunate for those Americans who have home loans and other bills. It seems like everyday I see one more abandoned house and another business going under. Its sickening to think that as bad as I have it, some one has it worse. The irony of it is that we are no longer in a recession. Despite this fact, America is struggling and it shows no signs of shedding light, unless you call Obamas creation of 80,000 jobs and an added 5 trillion dollars to the deficit a "step in the right direction".

working