jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Is anyone making Money from Amazon Kindles and if so how many Kindles have you p

1. afriqnet profile image52
    afriqnetposted 5 years ago

Is anyone making Money from Amazon Kindles and if so how many Kindles have you published?

2. ThussaysNanaMarie profile image77
    ThussaysNanaMarieposted 5 years ago

Good question! I am curious about what answers you will get.

afriqnetposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Am thinking it can be a good way to earn passive income , I think with a unit of 100 books you can make at least  500 per month .....I am still thinking and eager to hear people who have been there don't that and what's their say

2. Vitallani profile image77
      Vitallaniposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think you are being a bit too optimistic at 500 a month (£ or $?). Maybe after a sustained period, and if your book becomes really popular, but at least to begin with, you won't make much through royalties. Depends on how much you're charging too.

3. Vitallani profile image77
    Vitallaniposted 5 years ago

I published an e-book on kindle about a year ago, but no one has bought/downloaded a copy, so I have not made any money from it. To be fair though, I have not bothered to promote it at all. Even if you do, I think getting your first royalty is really down to luck of someone finding the book accidentally and taking an interest. One might get more customers after that.

I think promotion should not be an issue ...you should have at least made a single sale for all that period. What do you think? Did you do your Keyword Research Right before writing the book?

2. Vitallani profile image77

What do you mean by keyword research?

3. afriqnet profile image52

You should always write a Book that is targeted to a specific audience, that is the best way to make money with your efforts online. I think for even a book to be successful in the KDP you should have a title that depicts what people want to read

4. Vitallani profile image77

It is a children's book that I wrote when I was 14, called 'Unwanted Gift: The Trilogy'. The cover picture shows that it is for children, as does the blurb, and it is in the children's category.

working