jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is one of your best financial ideas during these economic times?

1. Diane Woodson profile image61
    Diane Woodsonposted 5 years ago

What is one of your best financial ideas during these economic times?

It can be anything you know will work for others.

2. JustMike profile image73
    JustMikeposted 5 years ago

Pay yourself first is one of the best idea as during these financial times and really any time. However, you year a lot of people say those words "pay yourself first" and read it in magazines or on financial websites but no one really tells you what it truly means to actually pay yourself first. For me paying myself first means setting up one of my bills in my automatic bill pay to go from my checking account to my savings account, that is the first bill I pay every month and like the mortgage it's non negotiable. I also pay myself last. What that means is simply that at the end of the month whatever is left over in my account to get spent next month I simply do an electronic transfer online to the same savings account that I use to pay myself first with. Trust me pay yourself first and pay yourself last and at the end of one year you will have a very nice nest egg built up.

3. Niteriter profile image79
    Niteriterposted 5 years ago

Earn money doing work you love or change your attitude so you love the work you do. The resulting productivity increases, both individually and universally, will make these economic times the beginning of perpetual prosperity for everyone. Embrace optimism; it is a fuel that energizes our refusal to accept any problem as unsolvable.

4. Rosana Modugno profile image84
    Rosana Modugnoposted 5 years ago

Recycling & coupons.  I recycle just about everything and working on hubs now showing this.  I re-use things, completely transform objects to re-use and I save money.  Also coupons.  I'm not extreme about it but never go to the store without a stack, double up on manufacture coupons on top of the ones I clip out and copy from online.  I also cut bills by getting rid of things like cable.  I don't watch television anymore.  It was distracting me from writing and I don't miss it at all.  Any news I need is online.  And DVD's are at the library.  I wrote a Hub about it titled;  10 Frugal Living Ideas.

5. MobyWho profile image60
    MobyWhoposted 5 years ago

Store brands and generic drugs help. But most important - don't walk down the aisle where the expensive things live. Make a list; go straight to the products; don't look left or right. And convince yourself you don't like cookies, candies and lobster!

working