jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you trust Paypal to hold and handle your money?

1. Ann810 profile image81
    Ann810posted 5 years ago

Do you trust Paypal to hold and handle your money?

There are so many lawsuits against Paypal from small online business owners, what do you think? http://youtu.be/4vYh9c1y3sc

2. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Only little amounts. It is a middle man from my view point, nothing else.

3. penlady profile image60
    penladyposted 5 years ago

I've been using PayPal for two years now and I haven't encountered any problems. As a matter of fact, someone sent me a scam claiming to be PayPal. I notified them about the scam and they took  care of it immediately. 

When it comes to money in any matter, problems can arise. That's why you just have to monitor your funds carefully; stay on top of it.

4. Tinsky profile image95
    Tinskyposted 5 years ago

I've been a customer of Paypal both for business and personal for at least 10 years.  I've never had an issue with transactions and the fees between transferring from Paypal to a local account have been $0.  I once lodged a complaint regarding the non delivery of a gift card via email for my Nephew's birthday, which I paid using my Paypal account.  It was through a large gaming company who never responded to either my personal complaints directly to them or to Paypal.  I received a complete refund following the due process.

So, yes.  I trust them  But as penlady points out, be aware of hoax emails etc.

And like Iburmaster, I don't keep large amounts on Paypal, however I feel much safer making a transaction through paypal that will use either my savings or credit card details then I do putting in my CC details directly to a system run by an online retailer.

5. dscarcha profile image61
    dscarchaposted 5 years ago

Base on its new way of buying online products without sharing your account information to anyone, I guess Paypal can be trusted. But you still need to become more careful when making transactions via internet that involves money.