Have you every had success in a work field unknown?

1. ThompsonPen profile image79
    ThompsonPenposted 5 years ago

Have you every had success in a work field unknown?

Have you ever been successful in a field which when you entered it had no idea what it was you were getting into, nor any experience?

2. profile image0
    Moeskyposted 5 years ago

I never studied art, but I could draw a little. Decided late in life it might be nice to illustrate children's books. So I started practising - copying the work of other illustrators. After a year I sent a few portfolios out. Within a week I got my first assignment. Shock! People go to college to study this stuff, and all I kept hearing about is that the competition is tough and plenty.  But I was in and never needed to send any more portfolios out - it's kept me busy with three or four assignments every year for the last five. That first book took me months to make, I had to learn about layout and format, and it was quite intimidating to discuss things with writers and publishers - I was in awe. Now, after 14 plus books it doesn't phase me anymore and I know what I'm doing.
    I'm hoping I have the same fortune with my present project (songwriting).

3. ZIa Ahmed khan profile image80
    ZIa Ahmed khanposted 5 years ago

Yes, I did ethical audit, CSR Audit and Organic Certification before. These were the field when I entered was new to me and I didn't know what was stored in . When I entered I did well there.

working