jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Have you heard about or are you using the Bit Coin?

1. Lizam1 profile image79
    Lizam1posted 4 years ago

Have you heard about or are you using the Bit Coin?

An online currency that is being traded and possibly can be accessed through an ATm (although that is still in development).  Is this a legal tender we should encourage or be wary of?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

I just read a story about BitCoin in the newspaper earlier today and could barely make heads or tails out of it. It sounds like it's not regulated at all and appears to have some shady underpinnings. I'd steer clear of it.

1. Lizam1 profile image79
      Lizam1posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I was listening to a story on the CBC I must say I found it all rather strange.

3. Anti-Valentine profile image97
    Anti-Valentineposted 4 years ago

It isn't regulated, as FatFreddysCat said, and what's more it's reported to be a currency used by criminals on the online black market such as The Silk Road, so I wouldn't be too shocked if it didn't ever become an official currency. I think it's something that the authorities would like to clamp down on, personally. The inventor remains anonymous. It does sound rather shady, doesn't it? But it's like I said years, ago, a virtual currency is the way forward. Physical currency is dying a slow death.

working