If you could be rich and morally corrupt or struggling and completely cynical wh

1. Romines1990 profile image60
    Romines1990posted 5 years ago

If you could be rich and morally corrupt or struggling and completely cynical which would it be?

so rich and morally corrupt or struggling and cynical?

2. profile image0
    js52posted 5 years ago

Hi there,

I guess the answer to such a question will vary greatly! It all depends on what the person's values are, their purposes/goals in life and what is more important to each person. If being rich is the most important thing, and the means to achieve that are considered of no importance, then being rich and morally corrupt will, undoubtedly, be the choice. On the other hand, if self-respect, peace of mind and living in an honorable manner - fundamental keys to being happy and to being truly respected by others - are the most important things, then such a person will prefer to be honest and to keep his/her dignity, even if it means to struggle occasionally (if necessary, and depending on what "struggling" means to each person). Therefore, personally, I think that none of the choices represent the best option, since being cynical usually leads others to not want to be (or continue to be) your friend. It is, in my opinion, important to note that the love of money (not money itself, but the place it occupies in someone's life) often brings severe problems at some point, to those choosing it over everything. (1 Timothy 6:8) Money is also limited in its action. For example: It doesn't buy peace, happiness, respect, dignity or any of the things that really and permanently bring true satisfaction and happiness. To achieve such happiness and satisfaction (which are internal things) one must value good principles/values (which are also internal things) more than external, physical things (such as money, cars, etc.). I don't expect anyone to agree with my opinion (struggling but honest [without being cynical]). It is, nonetheless, my opinion. Good question.
    All the best!

3. Barbara Kay profile image91
    Barbara Kayposted 5 years ago

I just don't have it in me to be morally corrupt, so I know my answer. My conscience or my beliefs would never allow it. I may at times have been struggling and cynical. I hope not.

working