jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What are you opinions of Amazon's Mechanical Turk?

1. MountainManJake profile image89
    MountainManJakeposted 4 years ago

What are you opinions of Amazon's Mechanical Turk?

I just recently started an experiment on it to see how much I could earn.  Anyone have any feedback for me?

2. zeke2100 profile image78
    zeke2100posted 4 years ago

I tried it a few years ago, and you can make small amounts of money. You can literally walk away from it $2.30 richer!

I think that if you were to spend that time on writing Hubs, it would earn you more in the long run. But that is my .02 from trying Mechanical Turk a couple of years ago. It could be a lot different now, but I doubt it is worth the time.

3. Gcrhoads64 profile image97
    Gcrhoads64posted 4 years ago

MTurk is a quick way to earn a little bit money. I can earn $8-10 over about 3 hours. That's not minimum wage, but it does buy groceries. smile

4. kal30314 profile image60
    kal30314posted 4 years ago

I like to work on Amazon Mechanical Turk. Have AMT made me rich, no. Does it help when I make a purchase from Amazon, yes. What I do to collect really cool hits is to save the title of the hit into a word document. This have made it easy to search for what I really like doing on AMT.  I like to do a lot of easy task or hits, this way it build up my AMT income really quick.

5. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago

I know folks who clear over a grand a month with MTurk.  I personally can make my rent in a month.  It depends completely on how much time you're willing to devote to it, and what kind of HITS you enjoy working on.  It's absolute best feature is its flexibility as far as when you want to work and what work you want to do.  In addition to that, there is the option to have your earnings deposited directly into your bank account.  Earnings are not just made available for Amazon purchases.

It's definitely worth looking into.  There are a lot of very low paying hits that require little effort and concentration.  I like those when my brain feels like mush - I still feel semi-productive, but I don't have to work really hard to be that way.  big_smile

1. MountainManJake profile image89
      MountainManJakeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the input.  My only issue is how long the approval time is.  I did about a dollars worth of stuff and didn't get approval until 3 days after for most of it.  Other sites I use pay instantly.

6. icv profile image65
    icvposted 4 years ago

i worked at mturk as part time. it is a genuine site. i reached about $ 48.