jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does Frugal Lifestyle leads to less Money Making?

1. starx profile image65
    starxposted 4 years ago

Does Frugal Lifestyle leads to less Money Making?

I have learned the being content mindset has it's drawbacks and you need to be more competitive these days for earning money and not to curb wishes in life. Is it true it is about earning less money?

2. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

I don't think that being frugal always means less money making. In fact, there are many well-to-do people earning a large income ,that are the most frugal .
    Since the financial meltdown a few years ago,people have changed their mindset about money spending.

3. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Not always. I've known a few individuals to be frugal and humble in their living arrangements, but their job is slightly different. Not the head of technology, but more advanced than their living. It just depends on each person.

4. profile image0
    CalebSparksposted 4 years ago

Many wealthy people have become so by being frugal with their finances. In many cases they have become wealthy by keeping a careful watch over their spending. Remember, no one becomes rich by spending and taking out loans.

5. LandmarkWealth profile image79
    LandmarkWealthposted 4 years ago

Actually, my experience in the field of personal finance would suggest otherwise.  Most frugal people are usually fairly well off financially.  Not necessarily that they will or won't make more money than others.  That is usually a function of your commitment to success. But the amount of money you make is only relevant to the amount of money you spend.  And most frugal people make more than enough to meet their lifestyle.  If you're not inherently frugal, but are trying to be, that probably won't lead to a satisfying financial existence.

working