jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are some of problems that you faced with frugal lifestyle?

1. starx profile image65
    starxposted 4 years ago

What are some of problems that you faced with frugal lifestyle?

Frugal lifestyle is not that easy and you are going to be facing some challenges socially and in your own family. What are some of such issues that you faced in your frugal life?

2. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

No matter how old I or some other people get, there's always going to be those who make fun of me because I don't wear the latest fashion or have the newest whatever (car, cell phone, etc). They do just that. I usually end up brushing them off and thinking to myself later "No wonder they're always complaining they don't have any money." I won't say I never spend money on nice things or treating myself to a good time. I do, only not constantly.  I'd rather save some money by only getting what I need and at the lowest cost, then using the money I've saved to do something fun.

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in." - Robert Frost
    I can't imagine having "issues" with family because one chooses to save their money as oppose to living a "lavish lifestyle" or being buried in debt. I suspect there are times when members of your family may want to "borrow" money from you if they know you have it but learning to say "no" is part of being an adult.
    Your life is yours to live! You don't need approval from anyone else. Thankfully there are over 7 billion people on the planet and you always have the option to associate with likeminded people. If we had to always have the "approval" of others none of us would be happy because we'd always be worried about what others think about us.
    Life is a (personal) journey.

4. KL Klein profile image84
    KL Kleinposted 4 years ago

The only problem I've faced is mineral deficiencies caused by not being able to afford a balanced diet on $25 a month in groceries.

Well, that and having to find a way to duck out every time someone suggests a restaurant meal.

working