jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Would you live in a RV?

1. ysdata profile image61
    ysdataposted 4 years ago

Would you live in a RV?

I recently purchased an RV and have embarrassed the culture.  Some used their RV(s) for vacations, others are using their RV(s) to run from winter (snowbirds), and another group actually live in their RV(s) year-round.  Would you considered living in your RV?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8487631_f260.jpg

2. ysdata profile image61
    ysdataposted 4 years ago

p.s. I have vacationed in the RV and I'm considering the snowbird life next.  Check out the full story here http://ysdata.hubpages.com/hub/My-Aliner-Travel-Trailer

3. Alphadogg16 profile image91
    Alphadogg16posted 4 years ago

I've actually have never ridden/been in am RV, I'd probably take a trip in one, those things can have pretty nice amenities, but I wouldn't live in one.

4. bethperry profile image92
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

No. I like to walk around too much, so I think I'd feel cramped pretty quickly.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

I've seen some absolutely palatial motor homes at RV shows that were nicer than my house. I could probably live comfortably in one of those. In your average smaller scale weekender RV or travel trailer, though...I think it would get claustrophobic pretty fast.

ysdataposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Some of the Big Rig are very nice and spacious.  But the price tag and driving one of the big boys played a role in my decision.  The Aliner works because it forces me outside and I still have all the comforts of home.

6. Organised Kaos profile image96
    Organised Kaosposted 4 years ago

YES - would love to . Plan to travel around AUSTRALIA for few months on our campervan.

Love travelling, meet the most amazing people. Go to the most awesome places and stop wherever your hearts desires. To a point.

Sadly, travellers are not looked on too well when they want to free camp (which is me all over) but there are heaps of paid places and still quite a few free ones where I live in Tasmania.

Enjoy - heaps jealous over here (waves hand above head!)

ysdataposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Escaping the winter for 3 months in a warmer climate is my plan.  I found a stop in Arizona for $300 per/month.  Since I purchase the RV I have been alot of places.  It's like a hotel on wheel.  I'm loving it!

working