jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

How do you make extra money besides Hubpages?

1. Miss Crayola profile image78
    Miss Crayolaposted 4 years ago

How do you make extra money besides Hubpages?

Is it worth it?

2. Mahfoudh Muhammed profile image61
    Mahfoudh Muhammedposted 4 years ago

Well, from the beginning to the end of time, it will always depend on you.
    Personally, I make on Infobarrel and Teckler. HP is better than both of them but they're worth a try, Infobarrel specially.

3. profile image0
    dragonflycolorposted 4 years ago

I've heard of others writing for Squiddo, Bubblews, Elance, Ezine, but I agree with Mahfoudh.  It is up to your ability and motivation as a writer.  You can also check Fiverr if you think you need to expand your skills.  Good luck!

4. William15 profile image91
    William15posted 4 years ago

Investing online. There is some risk involved, but you can steadily increase your initial investment if you know what you're doing.

5. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 4 years ago

I write short posts on Bubblews and find the extra income a great bonus. OK, you have to interact if you want make serious money but it's the same for any writing/social site I guess - the more time you dedicate the more cash you'll create!
    I wish you well whatever you decide to do for that extra dollar.

6. fastquick20 profile image61
    fastquick20posted 4 years ago

I spend a good amount of time getting referrals for a fast & quick $20 program that involves prepaid debit cards.  It makes a good amount of quick cash here and there and I feel that your payday always reflects how much passionate time you have invested. I also am involved in freelance web design and promotion.

7. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 4 years ago

Well, Hubpages really doesn't qualify as "extra money" for me since it's part of the writing that I use to support the family. For writing, I also make money on Yahoo Contributor Network, Epinions and Helium. While Helium gets a lot of bad press, they've made a number of changes that so far seem to be positive, and if you can get custom assignments then the pay is pretty decent. Epinions has decent pay if you stay out of media categories and get a "hat" of some kind (adviser, top reviewer, etc.). Y!CN is by far my favorite and best-paying, but the editorial process is slow and can be discouraging for some. Hubpages is the second best paying for the open-submission stuff smile. I also have a number of clients I found on Elance or through referrals, and I've started feeling my way around Cracked and Scripted.

Other than that...I lend money on Prosper, and will eventually get some money back into stocks, ETFs and bonds. My latter, more traditional investments were liquidated for a divorce a few years ago, and the finances have yet to recover enough to put anything back :S.

8. jaydawg808 profile image90
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

For me, eBay is very promising. That is what I use.

9. ilikegames profile image80
    ilikegamesposted 4 years ago

There are plenty of other websites out there but I prefer to focus on the other side of the equation. Money saved is money earned, so I try keep my expenses low.