Do you write for other sites, besides Hub Pages?

Jump to Last Post 1-40 of 40 discussions (78 posts)
  1. tillsontitan profile image81
    tillsontitanposted 11 years ago

Do you write for other sites, besides Hub Pages?

If you do, what sites are they?  We love to write but sometimes its nice to make money while doing it.

2. wqaindia profile image38
    wqaindiaposted 11 years ago

No, Prior to joining HP, I had been writing on my blogs with personal domains. Now I am just posting URL links to my existing sites as I have found that HP is the easiest and best way to share your knowledge globally. HP is encouraging genuine writers who believe in originality . You can post your URL links to Delicious, Yahoo Contributor Network and other adsense revenue sharing sites. But HP is the best and Unique.

3. flash167 profile image89
    flash167posted 11 years ago

I've tried Squidoo but had no success with an earnings yet.

4. Lady Guinevere profile image66
    Lady Guinevereposted 11 years ago

HubPages was the first writing site that I joined.  I knew that I didn't write well and learned to do so and it was an easy platform to write with.  Then all *ell broke loose with Google being BIG DADDY and think they own the world.  People started doing their own thing and I just waited it out and stuck with HubPages.  Then some idiots got to be moderators here and that is why I had no choice but to go to other writing sites.  I am no making all that much money here and certainly not at any other place because Google also owns the world and thinks they are the ONLY search Engine out there.  I have articles on Blogger, Triond, Pubwages and the latest one now is Zujava.  We will see what happens as the year progresses and if people start using other great search engines other than GOOGLE.

tillsontitanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It is a delicate balance we deal with Lady Guinevere.

2. Lady Guinevere profile image66
      Lady Guinevereposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh and I forgot about Wizzley.

5. Karen Hellier profile image88
    Karen Hellierposted 11 years ago

I write a blog on blogger.com and I also write for Textbroker. I like Textbroker because I can pick and choose what I want to write about and make money on everything I write...not a lot, but money just the same.

Sounds interesting Karen.  There is just so much out there!

6. profile image0
    GoldenThreadPressposted 11 years ago

I have a blogger site and my own website. That being said, HubPages has been a great venue for writing and meeting other community members. I'm hoping to make money by all of these means. --Deb

I wish you luck.

7. byshea profile image83
    bysheaposted 11 years ago

Hubpages was my first in order to get an Adsense account.  I also write for Squidoo, Reddit, Ezine Articles, Go Articles, and a few others to help generate traffic to my own website that I created.  I'm still learning though!  I need to work more on earning money now that I'm starting to generate traffic. 

Writing has been fun, but I've found that for every one question that is answered about writing and websites, three more pop up!  The technical aspects of the internet are the hardest to learn for me.

I found Reddit tempermental byshea.  Good luck with your website.

2. Bustani13 profile image61
      Bustani13posted 11 years agoin reply to this

byshea, seems like you and I are in the same boat.

8. brianrock profile image83
    brianrockposted 11 years ago

Besides my own blogs/websites, I've written at Yahoo! Voices (formerly Associated Content) for years. I like the fact that it's strictly writing oriented (no inserting photos, videos, products) and you can get an up front payment for well written articles. It's only a few bucks (on average about $4), but it's a nice insurance policy for articles that don't ever attract search traffic. Popular articles will earn you much more in the long term, but flops that won't ever get many views still earn you a few bucks.

I have a Squidoo account and I've tried a few things there, but I never liked it much. Ranks below both Yahoo! Voices and HubPages in my opinion.

Thanks Brian, sounds like you are very busy!

9. cjpooja26 profile image62
    cjpooja26posted 11 years ago

My first site was blogger and Hubpages is the second and now I think I wont search for another good site.

1. wqaindia profile image38
      wqaindiaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Try Yahoo Contributor Network and IndiaStudyChannel also. No doubt HP is the best but you can make a buck at these sites too.

2. cjpooja26 profile image62
      cjpooja26posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank u sir i will definitely try

10. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 11 years ago

I have my own blog at blogger.com, where I write. I also contribute recipes at Tastykitchen.com.  Prior to HP, i was writing for Instablogs, but  since I  discovered HP, I write mostly here only. I love the site and the community. I have learnt so much and still there is so much to be learnt. The variety of subjects on which you can read and write hubs, the interaction among hubbers in Q-A section, the forums---i just love everything about HP.

1. Brinafr3sh profile image78
      Brinafr3shposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Chitrangada, I agree with you, this is the place for writing and more.

Am more interested in knowing whether it pays to write here. Has any one you know earned from here?

11. xstatic profile image59
    xstaticposted 11 years ago

Good question Mary! I only write on HP, but have wondered abou this, so will follow the answers along.

Guess we're on the same train wink

12. Tricia1000 profile image64
    Tricia1000posted 11 years ago

I also write for Squidoo and  Blogger.  I might consider writing for other sites as well in future.

13. paul pruel profile image73
    paul pruelposted 11 years ago

Aside HubPages, I also write for Triond, Wikinut, CashMyStudio and ExpertsColumn.    Triond, Wikinut and CashMyStudio are helping me spread my online connection and status. Among the five revenue sites - ExpertsColumn is the highest paying site. It pays 1.50$ per 1000 views.

14. Escobana profile image75
    Escobanaposted 11 years ago

No I don't. Too time consuming next to enjoying my life in the sunny climate of Valencia, Spain.

Besides, writing quality content is much more important than publishing scribbles, scattered around different sites, to fill some blank space, hardly visible to a crowd that matters for real.

I like my Hubcrowd and will keep on spreading the Hublove, I receive through the heartwarming comments of my followers!

1. Lady Guinevere profile image66

Many of us were there where you are and many of us got disillusioned about 1-2 years ago.  If ya wasn't here to experience the roller coast you will never understand where I am coming from.  Good Luck with that!

2. Escobana profile image75
      Escobanaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Disillusioned about what? What rollercoaster ride? I'd like to understand what you mean by your comment. I don't see how I could get disillusioned by receiving and spreading the Hublove? Or is your comment based on low earnings? Please explain...

3. tillsontitan profile image81

I don't know where Lady Guinevere is coming from either Escobana.  I have been on HP for 23 months and, I guess fortunately, all I have experience is Hub Love!  It will be interesting to see her answer.

4. Lady Guinevere profile image66

It's not the hubbers, it management.  It is the constant repercusions of their ever changing TOS. Many great hubbers have left because of 2 many updating,loss of $. Randy Godwin speaks up and others here. It was a great site 4 yrs ago.

15. debris profile image79
    debrisposted 11 years ago

I write for my own websites as well, but Hubpages is the only site that I write for of its kind. I have considered trying Squidoo as well (I'm a huge Seth Godin fan), but I've not tried it yet.

That's primarily because I love Hubpages, and I don't often try to fix things that aren't broken.

The first site like this I ever tried was helium, but I really didn't like their voting system, it seemed too aggressive and mean spirited. I understood the concept, but I just wasn't into it. So, I only wrote about 1 or 2 articles for it.

Have an awesome weekend!

HP is my home sweet home but I was curious to see about the rest of the community.

16. Pamela99 profile image89
    Pamela99posted 11 years ago

I do most of my writing as a freelance writer. I like it as it pays better and I can still pick topics I am interested in writing about.

That is so great.  Good for you Pamela.

I'd like to do freelance too. Looks like there are too many limitations here. Please share some information.

17. Brinafr3sh profile image78
    Brinafr3shposted 11 years ago

I wrote for a few other sites, but they were not for me, sites such as Triod, Squidoo, Ezine, and Shetoldme. I find Hubpages more rewarding in more ways than one, and the articles here are entertaining, engaging, informative, and useful. I can honestly say that I've learned quite a bit from the Hubs here to help me function in my everyday living. Plus, I'm still learning new and useful tips and ideas from the Hubpages "Learning Center" and I have only been here one year. I like writing on this site, i don't think I will ever stop writing articles.

I also write on Blogger, Examiner, and Webs, although most of my best work is definitely here on Hubpages.

1. MissSaltTease profile image59
      MissSaltTeaseposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Do you use articles from your blogger to write here?  I am finding that I am having issues with duplication.  I am not sure what that means other than it is picking it up from my other sites and I do share them on my other social sites

18. btrbell profile image86
    btrbellposted 11 years ago

I have my own website but have been neglecting it because of the apprenticeship. I blog a little on tumblr now and then, staring at Blogher and that's about it, for now! I have been looking into some paid freelance sites, also. How about you?

19. rcrumple profile image77
    rcrumpleposted 11 years ago

Mary -
    I used to be one of HP's greatest supporters.  However, as of recent, I've been writing more on my blog than on Hubpages.  Some of the new policies here seem completely aimed at eliminating creative writers, so I'm moving many of my hubs to my blog site.  What's funny is that these same policies are now hiding Hubnuggets (now Rising Star) Award winners.  So, when those above made their selections about quality, all we can assume is that they obviously didn't know what they were doing.  I'm guessing they still don't.  And, although they swear there's not a double standard in moderating, there definitely is.  How else could a WWII hub displaying a video of a violent massacre be allowed, but a joke about a veteran that likes to shoot his rifle get the advertising pulled from the hub?  From all the people I've seen blogging now, and either dropping or seriously reducing their writings for HP"s in the last couple of months, I'm beginning to believe I'm not alone in believing this.  I don't know that I will completely leave HP's as I made a lot of good friends here, but my concentration is definitely elsewhere.  I guess I could always write a recipe to appease them, or copy one out of a cookbook like many do if I wanted to please the Google God worshipers, but that's just not my style.  Before pulling some of my hubs away, I had over 15,000 views, and had collected a total of $0.00 from this site.   I've made more than that in since I started blogging, with only 25% of those total views.   It would be nice to see HP's go back to the community minded site it was only a few months ago, but I'm not holding my breath for it to occur.  I'm guessing the administrators simply want to get views up with Google so they can sell the site and make a few million dollars off of the sale.   At least, that's sure the way all they're doing leads one to believe.  Just my two cents.

1. xstatic profile image59
      xstaticposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I and I am sure, a few others had wondered where you went...

2. tillsontitan profile image81

I was definitely wondering where you were too Rich!  I hope what you're saying isn't true as I do love it here and love the people.  I guess not watching my earnings has proved to be an advantage as I don't know if I'm winning or losing wink

3. Bustani13 profile image61

I now understand. Was just wondering too, whether this is real.

20. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 11 years ago

I first write for blogger.com, then I joined hubpages, triond, experts column and wikinut. Hubpages has the highest paying rank compare to others. Hence, I spent most of my time everyday at hp. Love this site.

21. profile image0
    Casimiroposted 11 years ago

Three blogs, Textbroker, and just wrote my first article on ArticlesBase.com. I've written for Ezine in the past. I plan on exploring other sites, but for now it's hard to leave my initial investment in HP.

Wow, you must be very busy.

2. profile image0
      Casimiroposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It's just what I do in my spare time! After all, I'm supposed to be retired. smile

22. mwiener profile image62
    mwienerposted 11 years ago

HP is only an extension for me. In fact, I'm new here and haven't started any hub yet. I write contents for my blog.

You too mwiener.  This is a great place to write with a wonderful community.

2. Aakashaashish profile image41
      Aakashaashishposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hubpages is the right place 4 u if u want any earning for your precious articles.And i also think that this is a really nice community

23. profile image0
    mrsbaker02posted 11 years ago

I am a regular contributor to Homefront Untied Network... A military spouse information and support website. And I recently had an article published with Travel Oregon's website.

1. MarieAlana1 profile image68
      MarieAlana1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow! Good for you!

2. tillsontitan profile image81

Thank you for commenting.  Please know you are appreciated for what you've done and what you continue to do!  It is an honor to have you write here.

24. MarieAlana1 profile image68
    MarieAlana1posted 11 years ago

I have my own blogger account and have been writing for blogger for 14 months. Now, I have my own website. I hope to start making a little money soon.

1. Bustani13 profile image61

So like how long do I need to write to be able to make some money? Just asking..

2. MarieAlana1 profile image68
      MarieAlana1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

i have made a little bit of money. It takes time to build up your pageviews and clicks though in order to get money from adsense. The average estimation of how long it will take to get money that is worth it is about 1-2years.

25. Aakashaashish profile image41
    Aakashaashishposted 11 years ago

No, bcoz i think that if i work for creating a featured article for 1-2 hours so I must need some money against it and hubpages is the right place

26. Mrs Jil Manning profile image84
    Mrs Jil Manningposted 11 years ago

I have blogs, one of which is associated with a You Tube account, and the blog and the videos are advert enabled.  I have a blog for my doula work, and others about my interests, and two fictional blogs (I like the blogging format) which are fun.  If I set out to make money from a piece of work the creativity seems to drain away from me, so I tend t just write, then see if any of it might be of interest.

Sounds great!

27. Sana Ratio profile image60
    Sana Ratioposted 11 years ago

I used to work for Triond and Squidoo but get fed up because they are very slow in earning and visitors. For back links Ezinearticles is good but for earning HP is best in all of them.

1. Bustani13 profile image61

So which one is easier to earn? Just wondering..

2. younghopes profile image67
      younghopesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

u r right, i worked for triond and it is simply useless...no money at all

28. Missy Mac profile image68
    Missy Macposted 11 years ago

Hub Pages and Blogger are my first writing cites. I slowed down with my writing goals because of an injury. However, I look forward to the journey.

Hope our injury improves and doesn't keep you down too long.

29. Neinahpets profile image81
    Neinahpetsposted 11 years ago

Thought about it... but wasn't sure I would earn.  Definitely not earning here yet though.

Hang in, you will.

30. theodoresumrall profile image58
    theodoresumrallposted 11 years ago

Squidoo is good when you're going for a third party branding with interesting content.

31. nikhilchandra profile image77
    nikhilchandraposted 11 years ago

Yes! I do write on Wordpress blog but thats not good for earning per se. Sqidoo is a good place to earn too.

32. younghopes profile image67
    younghopesposted 11 years ago

after reading about positive reviews of iwriter.com on different websites, i joined the same, two articles of mine were accepted and i earned 4.23 dollars for both, and then two articles were rejected- and the result!! they banned my account...sheer nonsense. yes i cannot login now. I also wrote for triond and the money which comes in is only a few cents after more than 15 articles. it has been an altogether bad experience on both the sites and i have stopped wriitng for both. just trying my luck now with hubpages and blogger

Hope you have better luck here.  I can tell you this is a very supportive community.

33. drpennypincher profile image86
    drpennypincherposted 11 years ago

So far this month, I have written 14 hubs on HubPages and 10 posts on blogger.com.  The traffic has been about the same, but I like the feedback and community on HubPages.

34. profile image56
    sarosh kumarposted 11 years ago

I love writing as much as reading. I write for Expertscolumn and tried out writing for freelance sites, but still i don't have ultimate satisfaction in writing as i am struggling to find a website which pays me well

35. cuttierish profile image69
    cuttierishposted 11 years ago

i mainly write here in hubpages and in blogspot, and also doing some writing pojects for freelance sites like fiverr. I am still looking for other sites that that where i could write and earn money at the same time.

36. snerfu profile image69
    snerfuposted 11 years ago

I love HP and I am sure it is one of the best things happening in the blogging community. I write on blogger also but spend more time here on hub pages. I like the support they give and the way the hub pages community interacts. I am sure to write here for a long time.

37. Dennis AuBuchon profile image64
    Dennis AuBuchonposted 11 years ago

Besides hubpages I write for American Chronicle, helium and speakwithoutinterruption.com.  It is always good to spread your talent to multiple sites.  This widens your exposure and recognition for your talent and expertise.

38. celeste inscribed profile image90
    celeste inscribedposted 11 years ago

Yes, I have written for Ezine. I also write a little for my own blog, Celesteinscribed on wordpress. I wrote much of the content for a website called Findtripinfo.com and I write for its blog regularly.

39. Lauhulu profile image79
    Lauhuluposted 11 years ago

Hub Pages is my first attempt at publishing writing, or earning from it.  I linked it to my blogger, which is where my creative writing is.  I applied for the apprenticeship program, and am waiting to hear a response.  I know I need to invest more time cruising the HP site, and participating.  It seems as if the writing and publishing takes up most of my designated time.  I hope that it pays off financially, but if not, I have already become a better writer just from the effort and time invested!

I'm sure you won't regret your time on HP!

40. web923 profile image60
    web923posted 11 years ago

Yes, I have published on WordPress.com and two personal Blogs, and I'm about to sign on with Redgage, but I'm most inclined to write and publish here at Hubpages not only because of the people but I like the way Hubpages is set up. It's the best quality writing site, easiest to use and the people here are great. I'd say 90% of my stuff is published through Hubpages.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)