jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How can I figure out what career is best for me?

1. profile image54
    Brittany Osmonposted 3 years ago

How can I figure out what career is best for me?

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 3 years ago

What grade are you in?  Are you in high school?

3. Arachnea profile image76
    Arachneaposted 3 years ago

take a skills assessment to help narrow your strengths and weaknesses paired with you interests. many school counselors in jr high, high schools, as well as colleges and universities can help you get started.

4. profile image0
    Ian Moonposted 3 years ago
  5. danicole profile image79
    danicoleposted 3 years ago

Look into yourself and figure out who you are, what you want and need. Figure out your values, talents, and skills. Figure out what you love and dislike about yourself. Figure out your flaws, and things you are not good at. Figure it out for yourself, try NOT to ask other people. Especially family (oftentimes they are more interested in telling you what to do and  not considering you as an individual). You should know yourself, know what's good for you and figure it out on your own (btw it is going to take a long time).
    I would also say, keep a working list of jobs and careers you want/interested in pursuing. Take a class, conduct an informational interviews (don't know what that is Google it), take personality and career tests, and do an internship (internships are VERY IMPORTANT).

working