jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

A tax question

1. healthylife2 profile image90
    healthylife2posted 3 years ago

A tax question

I requested that my tax information be sent electronically but it never arrived in my e-mail. Did anyone else have a difficult time accessing this information? I'm trying to get my taxes done so I can cross one thing off my list:)

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image99
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 years ago

If you are expecting tax info from HP, forget the wait.  Sites like this no longer send 1099s...it is up to you to keep track and report honestly.

healthylife2posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for clarifying Timetraveler2! Fortunately it's easy to calculate income earned for the year with this site.

3. maalarue profile image88
    maalarueposted 3 years ago

If HubPages has you consent to receiving 1099 electronically then why do they not deliver it electronically or otherwise? If they are not providing a 1099 at all, then no need to mislead. It would be nice if HubPages would confirm that they do not deliver so some of us can stop waiting for a 1099.

Below is what HubPages states on their TAX link:
    "HubPages can provide your annual 1099 form electronically (recommended).
    You may consent to receive electronic 1099 forms below. If you provide consent, each year when your 1099 form is ready, HubPages will email you with instructions for accessing the form. By providing consent now, you enable electronic delivery of all future 1099 forms to you. You may withdraw consent at any time by editing the “1099 Delivery” setting in your Tax Information. You will receive paper 1099 forms if you do not consent (or if you withdraw consent later)."

healthylife2posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you maalarue that the statement should be removed if no longer applicable, It confused me and I kept waiting for the 1099!

working