Who has read the book "rich dad,poor dad"?

1. ginjill ashberry profile image77
    ginjill ashberryposted 3 years ago

Who has read the book "rich dad,poor dad"?

What do you think of the ideas in this book?  Has anyone started to follow? And if so, was it a good idea? If you haven't, why is that?
    As for me, I find the basics to be typical ways of the thrifty and future saver. And from what I observed, they end up wealthy or nearly. The other thing is, they are also careful about their money and never risk anything by putting all their eggs in one basket nor are they a borrower or regular lender.

2. C L Mitchell profile image92
    C L Mitchellposted 3 years ago

I would be very cautious of Robert Kiyosaki. I did some research on him a short while ago as I was interested in the psychology behind these 'get rich' speakers. They don't actually teach any concrete methods of making money. In fact, when journalists have followed up with the attendees of his events, they have usually spent a massive amount of money on his merchandise and attending the promotional events and are actually worse off financially. In fact, when an investigative journalist looked into fact checking his book about his childhood, its actually all lies. Robert Kiyosaki and his colleagues were actually booted out of the countries New Zealand and Australia after an investigation was held and found them to be fraudsters. His wife also states that she owns a lot of investment properties, but apparently this is not actually the case. I'm sorry to say that these kind of people make their riches out of fleecing people of their hard earned money and praying on their hopes to make money. If it was that easy to make money, everyone who followed his 'principles' would be rich! There are a few things that they teach that are true, like the example that you give above, but these are principles that have been around for a long time and are based on common sense investment principles that a qualified financial advisor would also tell you.

1. ginjill ashberry profile image77
      ginjill ashberryposted 3 years agoin reply to this

To be honest, I applied that first basis and that is all from him. there is such things as too much is not good. Take the good advice and so thank you for answers, supposed 2attend 1 seminar of Kiyosaki
      but could not attend at last. Was couple wksba