jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Shemitah predicts crash of the US dollar this month. What can we do to cope if i

1. mridulrai profile image78
    mridulraiposted 2 years ago

Shemitah predicts crash of the US dollar this month. What can we do to cope if it comes true?

Watch this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkELgi6EkNo
    Now personally, I don't think something is going to happen just because it has happened before. Moreover, this guy just seems to be selling fear. BUT.. I'm curious. What will be the implications of a precipitous downfall of the most powerful currency? And what are you going to do to ensure continued well-being of your family?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12624933_f260.jpg

2. lions44 profile image99
    lions44posted 2 years ago

It's not crashing. Usually these ideas are propogated by advocates of a return to the gold standard, last used in the early 70s.  Rates are going up at the end of the month, most likely. But other than that, things will stabilize.  While there is no such thing as a "fail safe" system, there are now so many checks and balances that I feel reasonably safe about the currency in any crisis. The closest we came to disaster from a financial standpoint was the in late 2007 and ealry 2008, with the mortgage debacle.  Would I like to see even tougher standards on some things? Yes.  I still think it's too easy to get a mortgage if you are of questionable finacial solvency (i.e. weak credit score).  Savings should be encouraged and  educating the average citizen in financial reponsibility needs to be a priority.

mridulraiposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Great answer. Thank you

3. tamarawilhite profile image90
    tamarawilhiteposted 23 months ago

That obviously didn't happen, but they are getting attention by constantly predicting the end of the world / economy.

mridulraiposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Next doomsday date is 16th May 2016.
      Lol, you'd think I'm jobless.

working