jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What is the best book you have read on personal finance and why?

1. patchofearth profile image89
    patchofearthposted 6 months ago

What is the best book you have read on personal finance and why?

So, I have been considering the books I have read on personal finance and financial independence. I have a few favorites but I'm always up for learning new things. Any suggestions?

2. Victoria Lynn profile image90
    Victoria Lynnposted 6 months ago

Patchofearth-- The best I've read (or listened to) is Dave Ramsey. His kit comes with a book (which I skimmed) and audiotapes that I listen to now and then since the initial listening in order to refresh myself. They got me fired up about paying off my mortgage, which helps with financial independence in a big way! As far as becoming financially independent, I'm not sure about that specifically and will be curious to see what others say. Does "financial independence" as you're referring to it mean being able to not work for a living? I'd love to be there but don't really know how.  But as far as managing money better and knowing what to focus on and how to get out of and never get into debt for anything again, Ramsey's advice helps a lot.

3. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 6 months ago

Hello.....My girlfriend Vee just read my mind.  Dace Ramsey is DY-NO-MITE on finances.  I have purchased his book(s) for each of my sons & their wives.  He makes perfect sense and speaks so people can fully understand!  Dave Ramsey is awesome.  Paula

1. Victoria Lynn profile image90
      Victoria Lynnposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Effer! You're awesome! I bought the kits as gifts for all of my brothers! Some listened and applied the principles more than others. I was already frugal, so I think I listened more than they did. Did your sons and wives apply the principles?

working