Can the Global Economy Recover? Do those in Power Even Want it to?
Who will lead
A bold new approach to cure the sick economy
Unusual circumstances call for unusual changes.
America must lead the way to global recovery with 3 basic and necessary approaches.
There are only 3 basic necessities to a successful economic recovery that need to be considered and addressed.
All 3 require radical, but necessary, changes.
The only deterrent is fear of change and resistance by the greedy few.
The U.S. must lead this recovery. Is America up to that task?
I will not attempt to assign any blame for causation of the current economic conditions. That is counter productive. The road to recovery must be a "concerted effort" or recovery will never be successfully achieved.
THE 3 STEPS:
1. DEMOCRACY MUST BE PRESERVED.
Government "for the people and by the people" must be our basic premise and basic objective, without equivocations, exceptions, or deceptions.
2. CAPITALISM CURRENTLY IN THE FORM OF CORPORATE AMERICA:
Must be removed from any type of influence over government policies, affairs or special interests what so ever.
Monopolies must be dissolved to return to the basic principles of capitalism. Then we must put safeguards in place to prevent this problem from every recurring.
The basic premise of capitalism was having an economic system characterized by private, or corporate, ownership of capital goods, by investments that are determined by private decisions, and by prices, production, and the distribution of goods, that are determined mainly by competition in a "free market".
Capitalism as is practiced today can not sustain itself and has reached the point of - change it, or destroy our American way of life.
Huge conglomerations are fueled by Greed and personal gain - and as we have certainly witnessed, are extremely destructive.
Small businesses contribute more to the economy and society in general, than huge corporations (monopolies) do, or ever will.
Example of "TOO BIG TO FAIL" - And this is only the Banking Industry
The Federal Government
3. THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
must be a totally unbiased entity with explicit purposes including, but not limited to:
Ensuring that equality is maintained.
Regulating capitalism to limitations on size, and the amount of capital being removed from our economy for personal use.
Eliminate "Golden Parachutes", Huge bonuses; and instead provide benefits for employees (retirement benefits, health insurance benefits, etc..)
There should never again be any entity "too big to fail".
The "regulating agencies" must be impervious to external influences that would favor corporate America, or any other special interest groups; that would harm "the people" in any way.
Maintain military defenses for protection and preservation of the American people and way of life - not for economic gain by greedy manipulators via unnecessary wars.
Promote "earth friendly" energy that have unlimited renewal sources (Solar, wind power, water, garbage conversion to produce methane gas, etc..). There is no legitimate reason (other than greed) that every single household in this country should not have its own source of electricity supply, with whatever their choices might be (using solar/wind/electrical generation). (Although these may be present today, they are cost prohibitive due to capitalistic greed -- designed solely to thwart their flourishment and maintain their current control over the market).
No nuclear powered facilities should be used to "create" what can be attained by natural renewable power sources.
Once these 3 major components are modified to adapt to a Democratic society's needs the following SECONDARY CHANGES will follow to insure that Democracy is restored without the ability to again corrupt our society with the evilness of GREED AND SELFISHNESS OF A FEW.
- Distance all religious affiliations from government in any and all respects. The government has no business regulating morality. And religion has no business trying to regulate our government, or this country.
- Reversing Supreme Court decision to consider corporations the same status as an individual.
- Start taxing "religious" entities as the businesses they truly are. People can still maintain their freedoms to believe in what ever they want, belong to any group affiliations they desire as long as they do not infringe on the personal rights of other people around them.
- Get rid of all lobbyists as they do not represent "the people" in any way, shape or form so their function as bribery agents will no longer be required.
- Get rid of NYSE as it exists today or put much more restrictive regulations on these money mongers. (see my review of the NYSE below)
- Do not make laws (and reverse those already in place) that only benefit politicians, big business, or special interest groups, rather than all of the people.
- Political parties must represent "The People" only.
- Political contributions must not be made by any special interest groups. If politicians are caught taking these bribes, they should be removed from office immediately.
- All corporations taxed the same without loopholes, or tax breaks. (There actually won't be any need for them without the huge monopolies to suck up every dollar they can from our economy).
- Lower tax rates and start up fees for small businesses to encourage their development and growth. Also encourage and reward those small businesses who allot "shares" to their employees (as investors) and include all employees in business decisions. This will also include how exorbitant net profits are to be allotted.
- There should NEVER be any corporation deemed "too big to fail".
The Big Picture (the Global View)
A view of the large scale picture
Stop the greed and focus on the needs of ALL the people.
There is NO sane reason for ever allowing the 1% versus 99% disparity to continue or exist at all.
ALL conditions (within our society) must be attuned to (bring into harmony) only the benefits of all the people, and to discourage, or promote the ultimate elimination of the "Greed" factor from our society.
In spite of the corporate America's assertions - greed is NOT a good thing to creating, sustaining and maintaining a democratic society.
This is not about the re-distribution of wealth, but rather the limitations put on how much money can be removed from general circulation to curtail hoarding by the few whose desire is to control the wealth, and hold the power over the people. This is not democracy, this practice of hoarding and controlling for the sake of power over others is self serving and self defeating to a democratic society and a system of free enterprise that benefits all of mankind.
Running government as a business
Bail outs - a mistake
Government is not a business
We must never make the mistake of running our government on the principles of running a business, or on any religious principles.
We must move toward reversing the current trend and going back to: local, community, and state: banking, farming, all types of manufacturing, and insurance providers.
We must start using American Made products and importing only those things that we cannot produce or manufacture here, and exporting only the excesses of goods manufactured here in this country.
This maneuver would create jobs, eliminate huge greedy corporations, insure food safety, and restore the balance here at home in the U.S.A., which must be our first priority.
All activities to be regulated by each corresponding Government agency to insure fairness, prevent wall street influences, and ultimately eliminate the Greed from our society, and never again allowing any business to become "too big to fail".
But, the ultimate questions still remain:
- Has the U.S. government gone beyond its proverbial event horizon and can not recover?
- Is the governmental corruption so ingrained there are not enough honest politicians to create the needed changes?
- Is the Democratic party of the people too weak and without strong enough leaders to make the necessary changes that will benefit all Americans, not just the 1% who run it today?
by: d.william 11/04/2011
American Corporation acts of Treason? Or just good business?
We shall overcome
- Progressive Political Thinking
If one listens to the talking heads, whether Right, Left or somewhere in the Center it is easy to get lost in Ideology, rhetoric and frankly nonsense. There are times we can get sucked into believing the problems of this country are so large, so...