ArtsAutosBooksBusinessEducationEntertainmentFamilyFashionFoodGamesGenderHealthHolidaysHomeHubPagesPersonal FinancePetsPoliticsReligionSportsTechnologyTravel

FactWatch: Is America moving towards martial law?

Updated on August 3, 2017

Note: This isn't an ordinary Hub, it's a FactWatch Hub, where HubPages readers can examine and share information for or against the idea. If you don't know what a FactWatch Hub is or how to use it, learn more about FactWatch Hubs before posting.

The popular belief among Americans is that the U.S. isn't moving towards martial law - but do the facts actually support that belief? In this FactWatch Hub, we'll be looking at the evidence for or against it.

Evidence against:

I currently have no evidence against the idea that America is moving towards martial law. Feel free to add some!

Having read this FactWatch Hub, do you now think that America is moving towards martial law?

See results

If you think America is moving towards martial law, are you willing to organize lawfully to prevent it?

See results

If you have any ideas or strategies to organize effectively and lawfully to prevent martial law, such as using sites like PledgeBank, a class-action lawsuit, impeachment or other lawful approaches, please share them when you leave a Comment. If you're already organizing something of the sort, please leave a link to that as well when you leave a Comment.

I hope you've enjoyed this FactWatch Hub, and found it worthwhile. Below is the regular Comments section, for leaving a normal Comment. Thanks for reading!

Comments

    0 of 8192 characters used
    Post Comment

    • Satori profile imageAUTHOR

      Satori 

      9 years ago from California

      In the "Share evidence in favor" section, evemurphy wrote:

      "Scary stuff and interesting videos...I'm glad I live in Canada!"

      The Comment has been moved here, to the Comments area.

      Unfortunately, concentration camps have been spotted in Canada as well, and similar trends are being spotted in the UK too. This appears to be due to a globalization effort from the private banking monopolies to whom the countries of the world owe their national debts, and for which the United Nations, the World Trade Organization, and the International Monetary Fund are front organizations. This is why people protest the IMF and WTO meetings - while proportionately few people seem to understand what's going on, there are a number of them. This makes martial law necessary to sweep them under the rug - and it also means that people can spread the information and organize successfully to stop it before it hits.

      Thanks for your readership, and your comment.

    • Satori profile imageAUTHOR

      Satori 

      9 years ago from California

      In the "Share evidence in favor" section, success_89 wrote:

      "theres alot of things going on within our nation that do seem to make anyone beleive that martial law may be just around the corner, you never know"

      The Comment has been moved here, to the Comments area.

    • Satori profile imageAUTHOR

      Satori 

      9 years ago from California

      See the video that's been added, above, for your answer.

    • profile image

      sandra rinck 

      9 years ago

      ok, it is official, the feds are going to buy bank stocks. What happens next?

    • profile image

      sandra rinck 

      9 years ago

      Yeah, I think it is unlikely as well, that the election would be suspended. I also do not think it really matters who get's in office the outcome to either doesn't seem very promising.

      I was under the impression that as recently as the BOB, that the Feds now own the banks so it has been reversed. Which in my mind has always been something to watch for since poli-scie and economics in college.

      Certainly I am worried, what scares me is that I do not neccs. think that our people chose to remain ignorant, I think it is more like the government has pushed over extended their authority soo much that they are afraid because they feel they will become penalized for rebelling.

      I mean, how rediculas is it that you have to get approval to "protest". lol. If you moved I would move with you. Course my plan thus far is to remove all my money from the banks.

      They say, oh don't do that cause it causes further damage and I cannot help but say...your money is giving them the power to do the things you keep asking them not to do. Do the math.

      I say stop paying credit cards, stop using big cooporations to do business. I think it would be successful to keep the cash stashed or circulating between us and not going through any bank keep it away from the government.

    • Satori profile imageAUTHOR

      Satori 

      9 years ago from California

      Sandra,

      While it's possible that he might suspend the election, I think it's unlikely. Big moves like that would only generate bad PR among the citizens, and it wouldn't allow him to do anything he isn't already able to do. I'd suspect more low-key attempts, like vote fraud, at least for a little while longer. But it doesn't really matter who's in office - they're working for the same people.

      One of the whole reasons the recent banking "bailout" scandal is so ironic is because the federal government actually works /for/ the banks, not the other way around. Not the banks that are supposedly getting "bailed out", though. The national debt is owed to a small group of obscenely wealthy bankers, who took the U.S. off of real money in the 1930s. Now we're using federal reserve notes, which are promissory notes, admissions of debt... basically IOUs. And it's literally impossible to pay off a debt with IOUs. (Which is why the so-called "bailout" is just a lot of paper-shuffling on a grand scale... you can't "bail" anyone out with IOUs, although you can tax people to oblivion that way.) These bankers run the private organization known as the Fed, which print FRNs out of thin air and "lend" them out to the federal government - at interest. This is why the U.S. can't get out of debt. The private holdings of federal U.S. citizens - and ownership of the federal citizens themselves - is the collateral for these federal reserve notes. Basically, the whole country's mortgaged to these bankers... and according to my research they've been preparing to repossess it since the 1930's.

      This year America celebrates it's 75th anniversary of the suspending of its Constitution, with the President in absolute charge of the three branches of the federal government, under military authority in his role as Commander-in-Chief. This is according to the U.S. Senate. Have a look:

      http://www.barefootsworld.net/war_ep.html

      As you'll notice, this includes the power to declare martial law at any time. It could theoretically have happened at any time since 1933, as it's all legal. What it isn't, is right, appropriate nor lawful, and while soldiers and people with more guns than you will tend to go along with whatever is written down and passed as legislation, it's the duty of soldiers, courts and citizens to defy an order that is unlawful. Of course, most people don't know this and think that if a bill is passed, it simply becomes a law - regardless of whether it has legitimate scope of authority, derivation of authority, and jurisdiction. So not going along with this can feel a little like swimming against the current nowadays, because people don't recognize the law or how government is designed to work. And ultimately, that's what's allowing this to happen - people choosing to remain ignorant.

      I'm glad you're not.

    • profile image

      sandra rinck 

      9 years ago

      Hey Satrori,

      I was just reading what ChefJeff wrote. Last night I was also talking with people about Bush suspending the election.

      Maybe some readers would benifit from an easy to understand tetorial about how he could easily enact Martial Law and suspend the election to keep himself in office by means of maybe, offically declaring a what is know known as "a state of emergency", a war.

      I am half inclined to believe his declaration of economic disaster was his tool, or means to do such things.

      It was a bill that has obviously done no good, and as we the people voiced with urgency for him not to do it knowing full well it will be a disaster...I think he did it anyways so that the economy could come to such ruins for him to inact martial law.

    • Satori profile imageAUTHOR

      Satori 

      9 years ago from California

      In the "Share evidence in favor" section, sandra rinc Commented:

      "

      It's been in the making for a while. I am suprised that no one has commented here yet.

      You are from California too, so you see this materialize in front of your eyes. Most of this is very scary. Not that I sit at home scared or anything like that...yet.

      One questin that I always find myself asking is. Who voted for Bush in the last election?

      I find maybe one in 100 who voted for him. I wonder if someone could dig up the dirt there too."

      I've moved your Comment here to the Comments area - FactWatch Hubs use the Comments module in a new and different way.

      That's a little difficult, as the information is rather closely-held. Seems like that's what we're getting from the Executive branch lately - a lot of taxes, and tight lips on what they're up to... unless it's rhetoric.

      You raise a good point. But I'm not sure it's really necessary to know that to make sense of it all - didn't we establish that it really didn't matter who was in office with JFK? I'd still like to know what the government-contracted voting machines are up to - I know it's the mainstream media that tallies up the votes, and named George W. Bush as the President when not enough of the votes had been counted yet. Fox News started it, and within minutes the rest of them followed suit rather than lose the story.

      Thanks for your Comment, sandra. It's nice to know that others are seeing this too.

    • Satori profile imageAUTHOR

      Satori 

      9 years ago from California

      In the "Share evidence in favor:" section, Chef Jeff wrote:

      "I was watching with great anticipation yesterday (Sept 24th) as Bush went on TV and as McCain "suspended" his campaign. I was afraid that some national crisis was about to be proclaimed, and that the election would also be suspended indefinitely.

      I half expected Bush to declare martial law and put the nation under military control, using the bailout crisis as his basis for acting. You notice he did use the word "panic"? Would he use a panic as the catalyst for action?

      I still wouldn't put it past him, and I am preparing for the worst.

      Today I heard several Republicans in our town talking about revolution, of being so upset with their party that they believed it was time to put things right, either by peaceful means, or by other means. I have no idea if this is how this thing is playing out in other parts of the nation, but I can only wonder, and worry, that the American People are fed up to the point of making drastic changes outside of the ballot box."

      The comment was relocated here, to the Comments area.

      Thanks for your comment, Chef Jeff! I'm not entirely sure McCain /did/ suspend his campaign. Have a look:

      http://qurl.com/vld3v

      I could get into which candidate is doing the right thing, but as far as I can tell none of them are. Some seem to be quite a bit closer than others, and that's respectable I suppose. But in the context of the bank bailout, we're swapping around pieces of debt (promisory notes) and calling it money, and we've got an estimated 800 concentration camps on U.S. soil that aren't even making it on as a campaign issue. I'm really not sure anyone in the presidency /can/ do the right thing - the last one who tried to get us back on actual money was shot in the head within four months... and the money was quietly recalled shortly afterwards.

      According to my research, drastic changes outside the ballot box would be appropriate. They've been happening for about 150 years to pull things out of shape and make them thoroughly lawless and unConstitutional, and I wish I could see how voting would fix that. Fortunately, there are nonviolent means of resolving the situation. Have a look!

      http://www.gemworld.com/USAvsUS.htm

      Thanks for your comment!

    • Satori profile imageAUTHOR

      Satori 

      10 years ago from California

      In the "Share evidence in favor:" section, Chef Jeff wrote:

      "Nothing would surprise me in an administration that deals out fear like hippies dealt out drugs in the 1960's. The Republicans need fear in order to get elected, and when elected they use fear to drive their agenda.

      When the Democracy that was once briefly ancient Greece died, it was fear that killed it."

      The comment was relocated here, to the Comments area.

      Thanks for your Comment, Chef Jeff! Please have a look at the new FactWatch Hubs and what they are - they're a little different than regular Hubs, and can be great for allowing people to increase awareness and fix the system.

      https://hubpages.com/community/FactWatches-A-new-k...

    • Satori profile imageAUTHOR

      Satori 

      10 years ago from California

      In the "Share evidence in favor:" section, Misha wrote:

      "LOL people in Germany and in Russia thought they were safe, too. Do we learn anything?"

      Thanks for your Comment, Misha! I've moved it here to the Comments section - FactWatches use HubPages' Comments modules a little differently, and it can be a little confusing at first. Again, thanks for participating!

    • Satori profile imageAUTHOR

      Satori 

      10 years ago from California

      qlcoach Commented, in the section "Sharing evidence in favor:"

      "The Bush Administration has been bad for America. The good thing is that in America there are checks and balances against political abuse. Our recent presidential elections are an excellent example of how trends are changing. As I have stated before, the inner journey transcends, cultural, political, social, and economic systems. Please see my new Hub: Faith, Hope, Light. Sincerely: Gary Eby, author and therapist."

      The comment was relocated here, to the Comments area.

      Hi again, qlcoach! I believe you are correct in this, and that the problems in the world are the multi-headed result of people getting away from their own Divine nature. However, that analysis is even more abstract than some of the apparent resultants, including political scenarios like this, and are therefore even tougher to pin down and prove. In the interest of raising public awareness and generating action, this FactWatch Hub must stick to demonstrable facts and evidence - and neither analyses nor beliefs are evidence. I personally think your point is valid; nevertheless, I think that valid points needn't be argued, but will become self-evident to most people when enough facts are present. By working exclusively in fact, my hope is that we can get past the divisive nature of opinion-based arguments and debate (rhetoric), which is usually divisive and ineffectual.

      Thanks for your comment.

    working

    This website uses cookies

    As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

    For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

    Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)