Nose as Social Status
Nose is described as social status in Newa Society of Kathmandu (Nepal).Below are some of the points that indicate status of a person in terms of Nose.
1. Nhaya tayagu. Meaning Maintain Nose. To maintain social status by fulfilling social oblication as per social norms and standard.
2. Nhya Tapuikigu. Meaning Make big nose. To do something great job that other can not do.
3. Nhya Bhuikigu. Meaning Make Nose Fade. Not able to do normal work and loose social status.
4. Nhya Dhenegu. Meaning Cut Nose. To defeat others.
5. Nhya Dhena Sorga Khankegu. Meaning to look sky cutting own nose. Not aware of own defeat
6. Thagu Nhya Thamawn Dhe ne gu. Meaning to cut own nose. Self insulting doing something wrong, not knowing it is wrong.
7. Nhya Pene tayagu. Meaning hide Nose in between arse. Hide work that is insulting.
8. Nhya Gana Tayagu? Meaning Where do you keep your nose? If someone dose bad thing this word is used to tell him/her that the person is doing wrong things.
9. Nhasan Chuika Dai. Meaning Will fell down badly. Will fall down (in action as well) in such a way that it gets hurt very badly, mentally and physically.
10. Nhasan Chui. Hit nose on ground. Do unwillingly. Some action a person has to do without willing to do.
11. Nhasan Chuikegu. Make nose drive. Force some one to do though the person does not wanted to do.
12. Nhya Madu. Meaning do not have nose. Shameless.