- Politics and Social Issues»
- United States Politics
Ron Paul Not Just a Candidate- A Movement
Dr. Ron Paul Osbstetrician- He Delivers
Dr. Ron Paul, an O.B. GYN, 12 term Republican house of representatives member, and former libertarian candidate is running for the GOP nomination for President of the United States of America. He has run before unsuccessfully. Each time he runs he gains traction. As people grow weary of the usual run of the mill, centrist candidates like Mitt Romney, and Newt Gingrich, his loyal following grows. He's more of a phenomenon than a candidate. His campaign is more of a movement than a bid for president.
His stances are firm and unwavering, which is unusual in this age wishy-washy flip-flop candidates who change positions from state to state. Let's look at some of them he stands for.
- End the Fed: Paul wants to audit the Federal Reserve bank so that the true nature of their fraud can be exposed, causing the people to rise up and demand that it be abolished and Congress it'self go back to issuing currency.
- Bring the boys back home: He wants to end all agressive wars by simply pulling out of all military posts overseas, and thus allowing nations to govern themselves. This is very simple and direct. It would also save trillions of dollars over time. The members of the military would be content as they would be home doing what they signed up to do, which is to defend our own soil.
- Cut $1 trillion: He wants to simply remove 5 departments of the executive branch of government, and save taxpayers $1 trillion in his first year in office.
- Restore the Constitution: Any law that does not meet constitutional requirements would get the ax like the recently passed NDAA which states the military can detain anyone, anywhere, anytime, for any length of time in secret, with no lawyer, judge, jury, or due process whatsoever.
If you are a red blooded American who believes in limited goverment, individual rights, and that government has gotten "too big to fail," then consider Ron Paul. I know I am.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." George Washington