Simple Tips on How to Reuse Old Tires
Reusing old tires is one major environmental issue the world is facing. We cannot deny the fact that there are so many vehicles manufactured every year - and one car has a set of already four tires.
Used old tires might seem so hard to dispose and yet, improper disposal of these things can cause potential hazard to our environment.
Some opted to burn old tires but do you know that the smoke or gasses from the burning old tires carries toxic and harmful chemicals from rubber compounds can leach into the atmosphere and can add to the destruction our ozone layer?
Burning old tires releases harmful chemicals like Styrene and Benzene compounds which are both classified as human carcinogens. We must know that we are not the only one suffering from the effects of these actions but also our environment is affected as well.
Just because an old worn-out tire cannot be used on a car again, it doesn't mean that its useful life is over.
Here are some simple tips and ideas on how can we make most of our used old tires:
- Instant planters for the garden and cold frames to protect young seedlings
- Stacks of tires can be used as compost heap
- A fun and safe way for kid's entertainment - use them as tire swings for children's playtime, training obstacle course or sandpits
- Water trough or feeders for livestock’s (cattles, pigs, chickens)
- Can be an accessory for your garden or designs for your fence. Just make sure you paint it with colors that match your surroundings to enhance its beauty
- You can also this as bumpers on boat docks and dog beds
- Use it to store woods near your fireplace
- Used as retaining walls on steep slope land so as to prevent soil erosion
- If you don’t have much time to do the above things, you may opt to bring your used tires to tire retailer or local recycling offices/stores that accepts and recycles old tires.
Let us all be aware of the effects of not disposing old tires to our self, to our family and to the environment.
We do have this creativity inside us to reuse old things whenever there's opportunity and somehow, sometimes we are just too busy to notice it and rather opt to discard it on easiest way - and not knowing what harm it can do to our surroundings.
Reusing old used tires contributes to a lifetime preservation of our environment even is such small ways. Don't ignore the call for help of our nature especially our ozone layer which protects us from the harmful rays of the sun.
By choosing to recycle and reuse things, we are not only saving money - we are saving our future.
Recycling Tips and Ideas
- 5 Simple Ways How to Reuse Old Rubber Slippers or Flip-flops
Rather than pitching your old slippers to trash or burn them, why not make the most out of it? There are really some cool and creative ways how reuse them for your household thus help you save extra money.
- 10 Most Recyclable Household Items
Recycling and re-using things and items can help save our environment, not to add it helps save us money. This also helps conserve additional energy consumption and reduce the amount of garbage and waste that consumes our landfills.
- Simple and Creative Ways How to Reuse Old Newspapers
Ever wondered what to do with your old piles of newspaper? Don’t just toss it away on your recycle bins! Here are some ways to rescue old newspapers and give it a second life.
- 20 Artsy Tips on How to Reuse Unwanted CDs and DVDs
Always choose to reuse old things. In that way we help reduce the demand of things that contributes to environmental problems. Make something new out of these old CDs and DVDs, it may be a small thing, but it helps.
- Creative Ideas on How to Reuse Styrofoam
Styrofoam almost take forever to degrade and take up as much as 30% of our landfills. Here are some useful ways of re-using Styrofoam that might be of great help to your household as well as in reducing overall environmental problems.
Simple Ways How To Save Environment
- The Greener, the Better: Why We Should Plant More Trees
It only takes minutes to cut down trees but it will take years to grow one. Planting more trees will benefit the next generation just like we have benefited on the trees of yesterday.
- Simple Ways How to Save Our Environment
There are number of ways on how to save the environment - and it all start with you! Be the agent of change. Let's paint the world green.
- Going Green Inside Your Home
“Going Green” offers an array of benefits and it’s the best thing that you can do for your family and for the world. By living green, you don’t only save money - you also help save our environment.
© 2013 Mycee. All Rights Reserved.