The Paradox of our Time Part II
The Value of Money
I was browsing through my account a week ago when this question from jagandelight popped out of my screen: What's more important to you, Money or Respect? This question inspired me to make a hub out of the same concept. I decided that it would be a fitting Part II for my already published hub "The Paradox of our Time."
Money is important, no doubt about it. Otherwise, it would be difficult for us to get through our lives what with the expenses that we have to spend for our daily needs-food,shelter,education,to name a few.
There is more to life than money, however. We should not let our lives be taken by it. Reasons (1-5),I culled from a Chinese proverb while the rest are my own perception.
1. With money, you can build a house, but not a home;
2. With money, you can pay a good doctor, but not good health;
3. With money, you can buy a bed, but not sleep;
4. With money, you can buy a book, but not knowledge;
5. With money, you can buy blood, but not life;
6. With money, you can buy a watch but you cannot bring back time;
7. With money, you can buy goods but not good manners;
8. With money, you can gain a reputation but not honor;
9. With money, you can acquire business associates but not true friends;
10. With money, you can be popular but it cannot earn you respect;
11. Money can take you places, but it cannot guarantee real fun;
12. Money can buy diamonds, but not a genuine smile;
13. Money can pay a brilliant lawyer but it cannot hide the truth;
14. Money can buy food but not nutrition;
15. Money can attract women/men, but it cannot give you love;
16. Money can buy lavish things but not contentment;
17. Money can hire a bodyguard but it cannot guarantee your safety;
18. Money cannot give you peace.
19. Money cannot give you happiness.
20. Money cannot give you salvation.
Money is important, yes. But it is not everything. What is essential in life cannot be bought.