What Should We Do About Islam's Takeover?
There is a disturbing video that has been posted on You Tube called Muslim Demographics. It provides lots of statistics and shows how the world is changing and how Muslims will become a predominant force in the world in just a few short years.
So far, there have been 13,208,836 views of this video. Comments have been disabled. The caption under the video states:
Islam will overwhelm Christendom unless Christians recognize the demographic realities, begin reproducing again, and share the gospel with Muslims.
Please take the time to watch the video and then read the discussion that follows.
It certainly is scary, isn't it? "France will be an Islamic republic" and Germany "will be a Muslim state in 2050". The world is being overtaken by Islam and we need to act now.
Before we act, we need to make sure we check the facts and think through the results of our actions.
Is it true?
The video provides dramatic music and a lot of statistics, many of which are projections. Statistics can be used to confuse people and skew results, but projections can do that even more. Projections, just like weather forecasts, are not necessarily accurate because there are so many other facts that can't be taken into consideration. Since I don't have any statistics to back me up, let's just assume that they are accurate. I think we should leave open the possibility though that they are not.
We should also be cognizant of the fact that the statistics are skewed. We are told about the birth rate of Muslims in one country, France, but not the other countries. It is quite possible that these Muslims come from a country where a high birth rate is common. I am pretty sure that, over time, the Muslims in France, as they become more French, will stop reproducing at such high birth rates. My personal experience is that Muslims in general do not have more children than other people who live in the country.
What is it implying?
Second, let's think about what is being implied. Islam is taking over the world is the implication that I get when I watch the video. I acknowledge that this video does not mention the words "Radical" and doesn't call all Muslims terrorist, although there is an implication with the quote from Moammar al-Gadhafi.
There are signs that Allah will grant victory to Islam without swords, without guns, without conquests. We don't need terrorists, we don't need homicide bombers. The 50+ million Muslims [in Europe] will turn it into a Muslim continent within a few decades
We need to remember that the Muslims who are moving into the European countries, and North America are coming from many different countries, and they are coming legally. They are coming from diverse places such as Algeria, Syria, Somalia, Turkey, Pakistan, and India. They bring with them the unique cultures of the countries from which they come. They are not united and are not trying to take over the world. There isn't a plan to turn Europe into a Muslim continent. Just like in the Colonial days and ever since, people are moving to provide a better life for themselves and their children. They are settling into the countries, getting educated, getting jobs, and overall becoming American, German, British and French.
Call to Action
What should we do about all the Muslims that are immigrating to the western world and changing the demographics?
The video has put out a call to action. The heavy drum beat does stir up the adrenalin to do something. What action will help?
According to the blurb under the video, one action is to have more Christian children. This could help, but it will take some time and might put a financial burden on some families. This solution also has some inherit risk, since it assumes that the children will espouse the Christian ideology and not become secular or convert to some other religion when they grow up.
The other action is to share the gospel message. This could work, I suppose, if you can convince others that your ideology has more merit than whatever ideology is currently being followed by the individuals. It seems though, that it would be more effective if sharing the gospel message is done because it is helpful to others and not as an act of desperation. Because there is currently a deep hatred and fear of Islam in the western world, it is unlikely that Christians will be able to convince many Muslims to convert.
What should we do about our changing demographics?
It is difficult to sit idly while the demographics are changing. There are certain things we should do. My suggestions are as follows:
- Get to know the religion and the culture. In order to more effectually reach them, we must know their strengths and their weakness. Instead of relying on propaganda and hate speech, we can get to know the truth for ourselves. We can find out that Muslims believe in the Old Testament and believe in the same God as Christians.
- We can get to know them as people. By actually meeting them and talking with them, we can find out their intentions and their struggles. By accepting diversity, we might actually teach each other new and better ways of doing things.
- Understand that change is difficult, and that the new immigrants will need time to adjust to their new environment. You can't expect them to give up all of their old ways overnight. History tells us that it will happen with time. The Germans that came to the United States during the potato famine are now Americans, even though they share a German heritage. Just as we no longer hate the Germans, hopefully we will stop hating the Muslims over time.
- By stirring up hatred, we are setting ourselves up for a third world war. Even though some Christians feel they are fighting the war of ideology, in an attempt to stop the changing demographics, all this hatred seems like it will spill into blood. If it does turn into a war, it is one that is bound to be fought on our own soil against our own neighbors. We can avoid that by becoming good friends and neighbors.
- Understand that change happens. Throughout history, people have moved from one place to another. Nations have risen and fallen. Fighting with the Muslims is not going to change the tide.
The world continues to change, as it has been since Adam and Eve walked on the earth. Some changes have been embraced, while other changes have been more difficult. Throughout time, we have had to deal with people who are not like us, and yet it seems that we do not learn from the mistakes of the past. By thinking about the changes, and how we can make sure that we are prepared for them, maybe we can avoid some of the costs that are associated with change.
Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. Please note that I will accept all respectful comments on this hub, but will delete any that attack anyone else's ideas.