bethperry profile image 88

Is the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office right to cancel the trademark for the Washington "Redskins"?

The U.S. Patent & Trademark Office has canceled the trademark "Redskins" for the Washington football team, citing the name to be a racial slur.As someone with a Native great-grandmother and a husband who is a Native American, I am conflicted. I've heard some Natives say the name is disparaging, while others say they are proud of the word Redskin used as a symbol for sportsmanship, toughness and athletic prowess. What do you think?

Superkev profile image86

Superkev says

• bethperry profile image

bethperry 2 years ago

Superkev, you make some good points. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Alastar Packer profile image83

Alastar Packer says

• bethperry profile image

bethperry 2 years ago

Cowpeople..as stupid as that sounds, I can see some ppl wanting that. And yes, I'm starting to sense all this as being a purely political move. Thanks for your thoughts, Alastar!