Get the Details on Romney's TAX PLAN

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (22 posts)
  1. livewithrichard profile image73
    livewithrichardposted 11 years ago

Well here it is.... Get the details on Romney's Tax Plan...

http://www.romneytaxplan.com/

Come back and post your thoughts smile

1. Jo_Goldsmith11 profile image60
      Jo_Goldsmith11posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well, it would figure! I clicked on your link and when you try to get in
      to read the tax plan. You have to chase the red box all over the page. It is all about getting money, HE DOESN"T NEED!  If Romney is so serious about helping middle class why doesn't he support 300 writers and 3000
      folks with a job project with his own money! Never will happen. I bet President Obama would.

1. profile image0
        JaxsonRaineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That site was made by the DNC. Not Romney.

2. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

That's the best thing I have seen in this whole campaign!
    Thanks for the much needed laugh.
    lol lol lol

3. livewithrichard profile image73
    livewithrichardposted 11 years ago

Don't know if it was levity or mockery they were after but yes, the DNC made the site and it states it right at the bottom of the page. 

You have to admit that it is pretty clever and demonstrative of how evasive Romney is on the details of his plan... "Everything is on the table" just isn't good enough.

1. profile image0

Lol, everything on the table isn't good enough?

Would it make a difference if he specifically named every deduction?

Sorry, this isn't clever... it's juvenile. Almost everything coming out of Obama's team and his supporters lately has been so childish, it's like watching someone go through an actual psychotic break.

Next will be an ad: "Mitt Romney is a big meanie-doo-doo-head!"

@Jaxson,

Would you care to write in about 500 words your feelings on Romney verses Obama for publication in a book? Would you want all the specific details? Or would you just take my word for it?

1. profile image0

Probably not...

That would feel too much like work to me, where I try to keep political stuff as a relaxing(relaxing like golf is relaxing) hobby. Thanks for asking though!

2. livewithrichard profile image73
        livewithrichardposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It is clever... and the only reason you think it's juvenile is because the DNC beat the RNC to the punchline. 

And yes, it would make a difference if he specifically named deductions. Because if he names them prior to the election and he wins then he can be held accountable.  Not naming anything is evasive and deceitful, which is what I come to expect from someone that has no real platform of his own to stand on. 

"He's a businessman... he's better suited to run the economy."  What a crock of 'stuff.'  Lest anyone forgets, which obviously some on the outer edges of their parties have, a President cannot do anything without the support of both branches of congress.  The R's may maintain control of the House but the Senate is not looking good for them and if they don't win and control both houses then its going to be another 4 stagnant years.  Same goes for the D's if they don't make considerable gains in the House, which by most measures it's not looking good.

1. profile image0

No. It would be clever if it were a sequence on The Daily Show or The Colbert Report. Not from a presidential candidate, not from the DNC/RNC.

I know it's popular to think, but I don't support every action of the RNC, or of every R, or even of Mitt Romney(gasp)!

He did name them. 'All of them' is the same as individually naming all of them. It's just faster. It's so beyond ridiculous for people to keep saying that 'all of them' is no good, because it doesn't list any deductions. IT LISTS ALL OF THEM.

If I get up at church, and say "I want to thank everybody here for the support they gave our family", it's understood that it means the same thing as if I said "I want to thank John and Lisa, Carl and Rachel, Mark, Aaron and Susan, ..." and stand up there for an hour naming everybody off one by one.

Obama has no record of working with the other side(along with many D's, and many R's). Romney does have a record.

Let's get this straight. Romney turned around the Olympics. He turned around companies at Bain. He turned around Massachusetts. He has a real record. Education was better, job creation was better, the budget was balanced, hard decisions were made.

Obama doesn't have that record to run on. That's why we are getting satire from the left, instead of messages with substance.

1. habee profile image92
            habeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What's Obama's plan for the next 4 years? I've even heard lefties asking for details.

1. profile image0

Forward.

Uh... raising taxes on 3% of businesses.

Something secret about a missile shield.

Golf, appearances on talk shows, and possibly a movie deal.

Spending lots of money on stuff.

2. Jo_Goldsmith11 profile image60

1.) Get this Country moving forward with Job's bill
              2.) Keep the tax credit for homeowners
              3.) Not allow public schools to close because of the voucher
              4.) Bring OUR men and women home from the war the past decade
              5.) Create green jobs
              6.) Allow your child to stay on your health insurance until she turns 26
              7.) Do you want to get a degree in something online? Lower interest rate for student loans which will be there to use, not cut out

8.) Big Bird can entertain your 5 year old and will not join the ranks of the *unemployed*

9.) He will calm down the middle east
              10.) Let's let him finish what he started.

3. tammybarnette profile image60
              tammybarnetteposted 11 years agoin reply to this
          2. Jo_Goldsmith11 profile image60

I guess, you don't mind that he outsourced BAIN jobs, has his money located in Swiss banks and doesn't feel obligated to pay income tax the way he suppose to and not share at least 2008-2011 tax returns?

1. profile image0

You act like outsourcing is a horrible thing... do you know where we would be without outsourcing?

Is it a good thing or a bad thing to take a company that is going to close, and save some of the jobs?

Are you sure you know where Romney's money is?

He has complied with all tax laws, so how has he not paid it the way he is supposed to?

Outsourcing is great! What is wrong with America? Mark my words,
                There is a Breath of A Miracle coming, please open your window. The proof will show American's can work together to get something done and
                all the outsourcing and team effort has stayed in America! Once I prove to you this, will you support the Miracle in any way I ask?

If you see and still feel the way you do. I will kiss the bottom of your shoe!

1. profile image0

... ok?

2. GA Anderson profile image89
          GA Andersonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

about the soecifcs, and hold him accountable part...

hmmm... what was it the dems said about Obamacare?

"You have to pass it to see what is in it."

Did you have a problem with that?

GA

Well, where is there proof of this? And if it is true? How does that concern you and make you feel about who to vote for? I know that both parties have failed me personally as a mother, woman and American who has rights that have been used, lied about, public humility and my loss of dignity.
            Both the GOP and Dems need to wake up and notice if they want their job?
            The money in all this world will not help you get the *Power* you seek.
            Only doing what is right for ALL AMERICANS. You, Me and everyone in your state, my state. It is not Red states, Blue States, WE need to be the
            UNITED STATES. Can't WE show them?

Please send me or create a forum if you wish. I need 500 words max on what you believe our Troops need to know! This will be considered for publication. It is as well a opportunity to have a radio interview and enjoy a party and send a 5 minute touching personal message to the real Heroes and this is our troops! smile

2. livewithrichard profile image73
            livewithrichardposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You whine about it because it happened with Obama  but since it has happened, Romney should get a free pass?  You don't seem to have a problem with that... 
            And yes... I had a big problem with Obamacare and voiced my opinions here in these forums.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)