jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Research articles from Wikipedia

1. mary615 profile image93
    mary615posted 2 years ago

When I checked my account today, I saw I have two broken links on two different Hubs.  These were links to Wikipedia where I found some of my research.  I get an error when I click on those links.
    Does Wikipedia ever unpublish their articles on subjects?

These are both old Hubs, so I'm wondering why now I would get a broken link notice from Wikipedia.

Since I cannot link to Wikipedia as a source, should I state that I got some information from them in the Hub itself??

1. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I've had the same problem with old links to Wikipedia and other sites. If I can't find the information in order to form a new, working link, I type into the name of the website into the text of the hub. I also check to see if that site still exists. Of course, Wikipedia would still be there, but other sites have been closed. If the latter is the case, I also add a note stating the website is no longer available.

1. mary615 profile image93
        mary615posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks.  I'll mention Wikipedia as a source of some of my research in the Hub itself.  Thanks so much.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

Wikipedia pages can be deleted or renamed for various reasons.

3. envllc profile image59
    envllcposted 2 years ago

When I am doing research on subjects, I review information on Wikipedia. If I find the information relevant I will go to the bottom of the page and go to the source they got the information from. I have often been told that Wikipedia shouldn't really be sourced since it is a conglomeration of data.

working