Who is the Least Effective in Cogress?

1. rhamson profile image77
    rhamsonposted 2 years ago

"In looking over the 33 House members who had the unenviable distinction of making the least-effective list, something stands out: many are among the most partisan members of both parties. 26 of them were in the bottom three quintiles of the Lugar Center’s Bipartisan Index, and several — including Reps. Donna Edwards (D-MD), Steve King (R-IA), Alan Lowenthal (D-CA), and Randy Weber (R-TX) — were near the very bottom of that index."[1]

It seems the most aggressive are the least effective. Small wonder as representatives are more about confrontation rather than compromise and legislating.

[1] http://mainstreetadvocacy.com/least-eff … -congress/

1. GA Anderson profile image83
      GA Andersonposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Without addressing the `Index's` validity, I certainly agree with your linked articles concluding statement:
      "Even so, the list drives home to voters a point that I’ve been making for years: ideological extremists make ineffective members of Congress. People who go to Congress just to rant and rave never get anything done."
      (except for the "never" part, Never is a dangerous word to use.)

Extremism alienates folks, and legislation requires cohesion.

GA

1. rhamson profile image77
        rhamsonposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for overlooking the "Cogress" misspelling. I chalk it up to FFS, fat finger syndrome. I also wonder when the two parties became all liberal and all conservative and nothing in between?

working