jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (17 posts)

Good By Yellow Brick Road America .

1. ahorseback profile image41
    ahorsebackposted 23 months ago

Can anyone say , Hello  World Class Terrorism ?     

But instead our President Obama  will call this work place violence !  Or perhaps violence of unusual circumstances or a mass gun killing ,  , My guess , before he's out office   ,   He will enact an Executive Order for more gun controls .  making defending oneself from acts like San Bernardino Ca.  less and less likely .

Truthfully , This isn't even worth the  divisiveness over partisan issues   , but it IS about saying "welcome to our part of the world " to  Islamic extremists .   This situation will prove out to be much less about work place violence  AND hugely  about  the manifestation of terror found mostly outside of the US. borders and now  beginning within American borders .

What do you think ?

1. jackclee lm profile image72
      jackclee lmposted 23 months agoin reply to this

In the big scheme of things, ISIS will be defeated one way or another. Truth and goodness will win out over evil every time. Obama will go down in history as the "missing" President who is out of touch with reality.

2. jonnycomelately profile image86
      jonnycomelatelyposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Did that which you say comes from outside of US borders not possibly arise from attitudes of superiority within those borders?
      Not saying I in any way condone extremism or the horrific cruelty that comes with it.....but if there is no personal responsibility from both sides there can be no lasting solution, IMHO.

1. Live to Learn profile image81
        Live to Learnposted 22 months agoin reply to this

So, you would use some 'superiority complex' of some people who work with the handicapped as the reason they were slaughtered. Interesting.

Do you also believe that is the reason for the violence perpetrated by terrorist acts in other countries?

1. colorfulone profile image90
          colorfuloneposted 22 months agoin reply to this

I agree, it is "superiority" that is needed to care for those in need.  That is the attitude of anyone who wants to be valuable community members, with humble hearts and minds to serve others at the point of their needs. 

I believe it is a superior personal "responsibility" for those who willingly sever others.  Sometimes it gets mis-interrupted as an inadequacy of attitude that should be apologized for. 

But, false "attitudes of superiority" driven by pride can be very evil when used to kill and or destroy.  That to me is not superiority at all...its pure evil.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
          psycheskinnerposted 22 months agoin reply to this

This being an example of why not to leap to conclusions.  The people killed were renting a room for a function and did not work with disabled people.

1. Live to Learn profile image81
            Live to Learnposted 22 months agoin reply to this

Well if that is true it doesn't really change my question much. Does an assumption that someone considers themselves superior valid reason to kill them? Are we responsible for how others perceive us to the point that they are justified in inflicting violence because of that perception? For that matter, is violence ever justified?  There is the crux of my dilemma. There is no excuse for any of this and implying there is can embolden those who lean that way.

3. psycheskinner profile image80
      psycheskinnerposted 22 months agoin reply to this

I think the President hasn't called it either of the two main options yet and I will wait until he does before reacting.

4. oceansnsunsets profile image90
      oceansnsunsetsposted 22 months agoin reply to this

Truth and honesty is the big casualty and we are seeing what comes with that.  We are seeing what turns out to be an open invitation to terrorize.   I mention truth because as we so often see, it is shoved under the rug, and ANYTHING else is preferable to so many people.  Since that doesn't work in the actual world, we are seeing the conflicts play out. 

Ideas have consequences, and stupid ones are winning.  Weaker minded people are being preyed upon by those that know they won't try and think more critically about all things. Its being used against them.  Its a huge insult to the citizens of the US. To those that don't just sit and take it, or agree with the bad ideas,   they are mocked.  In the mean time, we have to be the biggest laughing stock to the terrorists around the world.   

So the question becomes, are people really so stupid and able to be bullied in the way we are seeing it play out?  To the degree they may die for what turns out to be simply bad ideas that can be shown to be bad?  Ever notice the severe side taking going on, that makes no sense when looked at rationally or logically? So we want to key in on what THAT is, and WHY that is happening and the preferred way to be for so many people.

2. ahorseback profile image41
    ahorsebackposted 22 months ago

Please explain "  "attitudes of superiority "  and  especially "personal responsibility" of how  peace loving civilian Americans  deserve to be gunned down by radical islamists , HERE , while our presidential leadership  condones more  population infiltration of a religion at war with   Christianity  and all western cultures .

1. jonnycomelately profile image86
      jonnycomelatelyposted 22 months agoin reply to this

This very post of yours goes a long way to explaining a "presumption of superiority."  A misplaced one, too. 
      You think your christianity is superior.  You think that America has the monopoly on morality and goodness and peace-loving pursuits?
      There is a piece of tack which they put on cart horses, to detract from anything going on around them, only keeping a narrow view on the road ahead.
      They are called "blinkers," in the English culture.
      I have already said that I in no way condone extremism, or the cruelty that goes with it.  Can't you get that into your bigoted head?

ahorsebackposted 22 months agoin reply to this

The bigots  my good man , are those who will not call a spade a spade  in world politics , in the definition of terror , or in actual  the  acts  of war defined and  deployed   by terrorist islamic's  as described and carried forth from the quoran to the rest of the world . you call me a bigot  I say you are the bigot , and a lesser one at that .

3. ahorseback profile image41

I am so glad our president Obama  finally says  "This incident could be related to terror ",   how glad I am that we have such an insightful leader .    Just one, more than obvious ,reason that the agencies  of intelligence  are separate  from our political figureheads .    Perhaps all the more reason we no longer need a  figurehead  or family dynasty to" lead "us . If only Americans would actually do their  voting homework !   Vetting real leaders  should be paramount .

4. ahorseback profile image41

I can see now why so many are concerned about the passivity  of President Obama's administration , James  Comey , director of the FBI  is sounding  like Mister Rogers ,  He doesn't want US to turn our fear into anger ! ?   This administration can't even  say the words Islamic terrorist,  Or radicalized   terrorist  Does he have a hidden lisp or some reason to avoid those words  ?    It is so obvious that the white house gang is so isolated from reality ! They speak more like  therapists than leaders ,    Perhaps constant secret service guards  do just that ,   he doesn't need to think about protecting anyone .....least of all the rest of America ,  he is SO isolated from real life .

Come on 2016 !

1. rhamson profile image76
      rhamsonposted 22 months agoin reply to this

What is the hold up over the term "Islamic" terrorist. How does it identify with any certainty who is a terrorist? There are 59 designated foreign terrorist organizations and not all of them are Islamic. Many are but how are we to term the others say in South America or the Far East?[1] Is the reason that they are Islamic why they are terrorists? Are the rest? How do you differentiate? Are all suspect until you add the term Terrorist? Do we call the ones not participating in the terrorism "Islamic" possibles because they practice a similar religion. Designating them by religion is a broad brush and does not reflect the larger number of Muslims who live in peace. Terrorists are terrorists and the religion or culture makes no difference when it comes to the killing and maiming of innocent people. I guess it is not good enough to call them our enemy.

[1] http://www.state.gov/j/ct/rls/other/des/123085.htm

ahorsebackposted 22 months agoin reply to this

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12774557.png

Islamic terrorist
        http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12774559.png
        Firearm owner .

You figured it out yet ?

1. rhamson profile image76
          rhamsonposted 22 months agoin reply to this

Are you comparing an Islamic Terrorist to a gun owner. How does that relate to the post I made?

working