Kelly Ann Conway is shattering the "Glass Cieling" ?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (25 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

Trumps pick for a campaign  chief has done more for shattering the glass ceiling  , than Hilary Clinton could ever have done .   Hilary would have remained an unknown entity to gender politics had she not ridden the coat-tails of  Bill's  political  climb  up the ladder  !       YET BECAUSE SHE IS  A REPUBLICAN  , given that rise  in gender progress and her brilliant handling of this election , She will remain forgotten  and  celebrated  to those on the left !

Do only leftist females -matter to leftists ?  I think so !

1. rhamson profile image70
      rhamsonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

She is just another snake oil salesman. Elections are all about selling us what we want. There is little follow up and in many cases the follow up is much less spectacular than it was sold. The trick in politics is the right message at the right time. John Edwards said it so succinctly when asked what the most important message he wanted to get out in his vice-presidential bid with Kerry, "We just want to tell the people what they want to hear"

1. colorfulone profile image78
        colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

John Edwards was shamed out of politics. Hardly a man I would expect someone of your fine character to quote.

I won't get started on John Kerry, I could not end soon.

My point being they are all "snake oil" salesmen. Kelly Ann Conway is a master at the spin. She defended indefensible tweets and guffaws coming out seemingly on top. Bravo for her, bad for us.

I don't listen to MSM talking heads because of how they spin things that have do with politics and those they do not side with. They seem to think their poop doesn't stink. To me they reek of soap opera drama. 

Conway gets asked questions with a spin on them. She doesn't go out there with the intention of defending Trump's tweets, she gets cornered into it by those liberal media talking heads.  Its really a non-issue to me when there is so much more important political news that I like being informed on. 

I imagine that is where you pick up that attitude toward Trump using Twitter to talk directly to people, and about Conway.  She is a class act, if you ever gave her a real chance apart from all the negative commentary.   

Its beautiful how Trump sidesteps the spin-media, he doesn't need them, and they are offended by being irrelevant. 

I don't see anyone selling "snake oil" in that scenario except for the spin-media and other opposition.

Assuming I get my information from televised drivel might be the source of your confusion. I happen to listen to many sources including radio but mostly from the persons own mouth and how it relates to the facts. Trump was just slightly better than Clinton which isn't saying much. We shall see what awaits Trump and his cast of characters. So far I am seeing more of the same nonsense as years past. I don't expect much in different results.

Hillary Clinton is so self-centered that she will take money from anyone, anywhere that will accommodate her.  This is a woman that has many psychological problems, including her kleptocracy...ability to steal, create collusion and create co-op.

Hillary has  the inability to really think through a problem and think through a strategy which would suit the nation. Not just herself. Her self-referential ideals cost her down-fall, as well as Bill Clinton who helped to take her down.

Probably the most damning evidence that occurred was Bill undermining Hillary's campaign.  How? He walked over to Loretta Lynch's plain on the tarmac and spent about 20-30 minutes there. Lynch now says she regrets that, it was illegal.  Of course it was illegal, but that was Bill Clinton at his finest, he couldn't give a damn about his wife, the law, or his own country.  That 'was' Bill Clinton, he couldn't help it. 

Then, a leaked private speech Hillary gave saying she has her public opinions and her private opinions. In other words what she says publicly is not what she says privately.  It was leaked in her own campaign staffers emails that Hillary doesn't tell the truth.  The truth matters to me, no matter how hard to is to hear.   

I'm seeing an unconventional change of people rising to power who are telling the truth and it is refreshing.  It certainly isn't the spun media narratives and omissions. 

I see polar opposites.

I totally agree with you on Hillary and it is the reason I could not vote for her.I don't see the tiger changing his stripes. His business dealings alone are enough to scare anybody who has a sense of ethical practices. Because of that I could not bring myself to vote for him either.

I guess we shall see what we shall see and agree to disagree on the semantics of it all.

2. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

Kellyanne showed us what kind of a campaign manager and strategist she is, she's a smart lady. 

Being a pollster herself she knew very well how Donald was standing in real polling, which was much, much better than the weighted fake polls in Clinton's favor.   She is or was the president and CEO of The Polling Company Inc, so her positive energy and confidence was something I took note of.     

Its too bad the corporate run media painted her out to be something less then capable and a glass ceiling shattering woman.  That's okey though, I can judge a person by the company they keep, and by their enemies and those discredited media hacks made that as clear as night and day, to me.  She let her light shine and out shined them all.

1. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Been listening to her blow away any of the Trump critics . She's brilliant !

She is brilliant, a lot smarter than the talking heads on MSM that consistently make themselves look like fools.   

Kellyanne will serve as counselor to the president, making her the highest-ranking woman in Donald Trump's upcoming administration.

“In her position, Conway will continue her role as a close adviser to the President and will work with senior leadership to effectively message and execute the Administration’s legislative priorities and actions,” the Trump transition said in a statement.

3. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years ago

Yeah, being the highest ranking women in this administration isn't saying much - there are so few of them.  The two highest ranking women in a presidential administration were Republican Condeliza Rice and Democrat Hillary Clinton, both secretaries of state - cabinet level posts.  Rice got us into wars. Clinton got us out.

I know how much Trumpers like to pick the facts they like and ignore the ones the ones they don't, but history is history.

1. Live to Learn profile image61
      Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Could you share which wars Rice started and which ones Hillary ended? I'm waiting with baited breath on this one.

Me too...heehee!   I love history lessons.

4. colorfulone profile image78

I am charged after watching this video about Kellyanne Conway.  She is very smart, of the feminine gender, happily married to a man, a mother, her mother has moved in to help with the kiddos, she is a seasoned fighter for the pro-life movement, etc. And, she will be a top adviser to President Trump.
    8:39 - "Feminism's Nightmare":   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHDJjXT … e=youtu.be

One of President Donald Trump's top advisers will be an Irish-American, happily married Catholic mother of four. As campaign manager, Mrs. Conway helped pull off one of the most stunning political victories in U.S. history. So, why do the feminists hate her? Why isn't she being praised as a feminist superstar by CNN or the gals from The View? Could it be because Kellyanne Conway is outspokenly pro-life?  (I do not like that reporter's back-drop from the dungeon.)

Very encouraging to me for 2017!
    Happy New Year!

1. Jean Bakula profile image93
      Jean Bakulaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Because all she does is make excuses for Trump's bad behavior.

She seems like she was chosen to be a Mother figure to Trump. I've seen her in interviews, and she isn't really very savvy about world affairs. If the interview is with a man, and she can't answer the question, she tries to flirt her way out of it.

I have to agree with Kathleen, although R's like to blame progressives or D's for everything, you always make up your own "facts". Magazines like Time or Newsweek, or watching news programming besides Fox news would help. Listening to rabid radio hosts filled with anger and hatred doesn't really get to the truth.

And when R's hear a FACT and don't like it, they start quoting Scripture. Which makes no sense in a political situation. Christians are supposed to believe the only leader is God. It is a secular country, and D's have moral character even though R's always demonize us with their hypocritical religious "beliefs."

But I would like the divisions to get better. Journalists need to report better and be held to just reporting facts, supported by the right information. They add to the division.

And so does Trump. with his megalomaniac "victory" tour, and still saying Hillary is a criminal. She was never arrested, charged, or convicted of any crime. He's off to a bad start. No President Elect in my life has bashed his opponent over a month later, or called foreign leaders to talk policy before his swearing in. There is a "President's Club" where ex Presidents speak behind the scenes and help each other, and Trump has burned all his bridges there. Obama has been gracious to Trump, and he insults him by trying to take over the Presidency before he is allowed to by law. Maybe his outsider attitude will help the country, I hope so. But the cabinet he chose has many people scared.

Can you actually intrepid that?   It makes no sense to me. 
        I'm walking in love, so I don't understand.

What does that mean, "walking in love?" I don't want to see our country this divided, and wished Trump well from the beginning. I love the U.S. and want to see our problems solved, and Trump may do that. But he's overstepping himself by taking over before he is supposed to, which is disrespectful to the sitting President. I've seen clips from every new President back to George H W Bush, and they all said there can only be one President at a time.

I hope Trump finds his way, and think he has potential. But with all the immature tweets and not following protocols of behavior befitting a President, he's making himself look bad. The protocols matter, it's not about the changes he wants to make. He seems to not understand he must work with Congress and the House to effect the changes.

5. colorfulone profile image78

Trump is so unconventional that those who want to religiously hold him to protocols (DC status quo, swamp) can't grasp the rebirth of the renaissance, and of America.  That is not liberty to me, which I prefer.

Protocols have to do with working with Congress and the House, and thru his cabinet members. He's so used to doing things his own way, I think he'll have trouble doing that. Protocols are not the same things as what you call (DC status quo, swamp) and such. He chose a cabinet Hillary would have chosen, all billionaires and people who worked with Goldman Sachs. Wake up.

6. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years ago

Live to Learn: Rice - Iraq and Afghanistan.  Hillary - the same two.  It was in all the papers.

7. colorfulone profile image78

Protocols: by Merriam-Webster
    1:  an original draft, minute, or record of a document or transaction

2 a :  a preliminary memorandum often formulated and signed by diplomatic negotiators as a basis for a final convention or treaty
    b :  the records or minutes of a diplomatic conference or congress that show officially the agreements arrived at by the negotiators

3 a :  a code prescribing strict adherence to correct etiquette and precedence (as in diplomatic exchange and in the military services) <a breach of protocol>
    b :  a set of conventions governing the treatment and especially the formatting of data in an electronic communications system <network protocols>
    c :  convention 3a,b

4:  a detailed plan of a scientific or medical experiment, treatment, or procedure
    See protocol defined for English-language learners

"Protocols have to do with working with Congress and the House, and thru his cabinet members." ~ Jean Bakula  - Maybe she should let Merriam-Webster know what protocol means?  They need to "wake up"!   
    lol   lol   lol   lol   lol   roll

No, the definition is correct, and I don't think Trump understands that:
      2a). He will have to make diplomatic negotiations with Congress and other foreign leaders in order to get what he wants, and sometimes will be blocked or have to settle for less.

3a). He has to prescribe to a strict adherence to correct etiquette in many issues, and can't just keep tweeting whatever he wants, or changing policies on whims. We have had a protocol for foreign relations with Russia (former Soviet Union) for 40 years, and he never should have involved himself in that before he was sworn in.

4a).He never gave any detailed plans about how he is going to repeal and replace Obamacare. There is no replacement plan, and he is going to leave millions of people with no medical insurance.

I believe the last laugh is on you.

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The "last laugh " is on the entire biased machinery on the left !  You lost , your candidates lost , your DNC lost , your party lost , you media manipulations lost , So why don't you re-invent  your entire political agenda  - A true definition of " protocol" is something your party of the left  obviouslyand sorely  lacks !
        Now you're going to predict  Trumps ?

Yeaa , so explain that definition of protocol again please ..............

The Democratic party is impotent at this point.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)