The truth about sexual harrassment and predators...

1. jackclee lm profile image82
    jackclee lmposted 2 months ago

If there is one lesson to learn from these latest revelations, this is one behavior that is not easily rehabilitated. If it happened once, it is usually repeated many folds.
    Prime example is Anthony Weiner. Even after his exposure, he continued his behavior until being arrested and jailed.
    We know this is true with child molesters and it is true for rapists.

Some crimes are one time only and people have been able to be rehabilitated with proper punishment and rehabilitation.
    As a society, we need to recognize this flaw in human behavior. We cannot protect innocent people who are victims until we recognize what we are dealing with.
    In some society, punishment may seem harsh but it is necessary. IMHO.

1. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Before you decide it's necessary, you might want to educate yourself.  Few rapists ever go back to jail...for sexual crimes.  They often go back for other crimes, though.  Not positive, but I believe child molesters are the same - few go back for molesting other children.

2. ahorseback profile image80
    ahorsebackposted 2 months ago

I was shocked years ago when the state I lived in put out a media piece saying essentially , from their human services point of view ,...." After familial molestation's they often put the child BACK into the homes if the offending parent went for treatments , because the unity of family is most always the better place for the child.........Better than breaking up an otherwise "normal "family  environment .....".  ?
    Part of me is still shocked at that mentality.

working