Do you believe children who commit crimes should be charged as adults?

1. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 6 years ago

Do you believe children who commit crimes should be charged as adults?

Should a 12 year old be charged as an adult if he commits murder? Is it logical to give an adult sentencing to a child?

2. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

no it isn't. a kid can change first of all. secondly, though they might know what they have done, i doubt they actually completely understand the true out come of it. i'm the last person to forgive someone but destroying a kids life for any reason is just wrong.

3. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

I think it has to be a case by case basis and is highly individualized.  There was a 13 year old that killed a young neighbor boy because he just wanted to know what it felt like.  Had no remorse, no emotion, etc.  He should never be released because he is not ever going to be rehabilitated.  You cannot fix a true psychopath because they do not develop a conscience the way most people do. 

However, kids that can be potentially productive members of society one day should not have their lives stripped from them at such a young age.  They can learn and possibly be rehabilitated.  There is a fine line here and it really depends on the case and the individual.

working