jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (17 posts)

Face Book Exec , " Social Media Tearing Our Society To Shreds "

1. ahorseback profile image79
    ahorsebackposted 5 weeks ago

You Concerned or Not ?

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 5 weeks ago

Not. 

People do good and bad shit with everything.  On the list of things I worry about its somewhere below #50,000 after destroying the planet and the latest dumbfuckery from Washington.

ahorsebackposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Is that your addiction talking ?

1. PrettyPanther profile image84
        PrettyPantherposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Breaking my boycott of your posts to ask you why you felt the need to insult pdycheskinner. She simply disagreed with you. Yeah, she insulted Washington, but "Washington" generally means Congress and those establishment Republicans and Dems you don't like.

Simple, direct question: why did you insult psycheskinner by implying a social media addiction ? Why?

Did you ask her if shes insulted ?
          Aren't we all addicted to social media ?

No, and no, and you didn't answer my question.

2. GA Anderson profile image84
      GA Andersonposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Now, now psychicskinner. You must know I am not a fan of the "F" word in general conversation, but. "dumbfuckery ...?" That was so clearly, and appropriately descriptive that I will give you a pass.

"...edamus adonamus for biscuits arus... bless me fodder for I have sinned..." You are absolved... carry-on.  ;-)

GA

I think it's interesting that forum moderators allow that language and yet will bounce someone for much less . I guess it depends on who you are and not what you say ?

1. GA Anderson profile image84
          GA Andersonposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Come on ahorseback... If it can pass my etymological Heppa filter, then it probably won't even show up on a moderator's radar.

It's like it has a stealth coating. It's an "F" that shows up as a  "tongue"

GA

What I said's true and I have been banned for less, just depends on who's pointing a finger though , I don't really care really ,why don't they just let it all hang out ?That will really solve a debatable issue  . It just displays to me the "screaming  attacks" when the left is losing a debate , scream , swear , rant , cry and throw things.  That's all.

3. Live to Learn profile image79
    Live to Learnposted 5 weeks ago

I do worry about it. Social media purports to be a venue where people can be more connected, but it creates a disconnect in the real world. It creates a buffer zone where actions by one do not allow that one to feel the full ramifications of that action.

I suppose we will all adjust, but it is this adjustment period that I am worried about.

'Adjustment period "  like sitting on opposite sides of the sofa  and texting to each other ?

4. ahorseback profile image79

The reason we ask pointed questions is to incite responses of anyone  .   
    The fact that you normally "boycott " my posts tells me that what's asked works.   
    The reason we are all here .
    The reason you are here .

Instead of addressing her post, you insulted her. This is your MO.

Because I am an optimist, I occasionally have hope that you will actually read and learn something about yourself. Silly me.

Back to my ignore position.

But you know she was" insulted " um, ........before she did ?

My last response 

You're right. I have no way of knowing whether or not she felt insulted.

My point remains that instead of responding to the points raised in her post, you implied she is addicted to social media. I can see no legitimate reason for you to respond that way, but it is typical for you. I was asking why you do that. Obviously, you don't want to acknowledge your behavior much less answer the question.

Carry on.

5. ahorseback profile image79

My point is that if the investors and inventors of social media know this is true ,  shouldn't we as adults know it before our kids physically evolve with a I phone  where their face used to be ? 
    Or do we as the parent's have the phone where our face used to be too?

working