jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Are you going to attend a TEA Party (Taxed Enough Already) on July 4, 2009? If s

1. profile image60
    newscreatorusaposted 8 years ago

Are you going to attend a TEA Party (Taxed Enough Already) on July 4, 2009? If so, why or why not?

On Saturday, July 4th, there will be a Taxed Enough Already (TEA) party rally in your community.  It is a follow up to the TEA Party held across the United States on April 15, 2009.

2. C.Ferreira profile image69
    C.Ferreiraposted 8 years ago

No, because they are pointless. They aren't like the original tea party, and will not have an impact. They are just useless ways for people to make themselves feel like they are being heard.

3. profile image50
    tinkerbell09posted 8 years ago

No, I will not attend a TEA party.  I don't believe it will change anything.  If anything, it will cause more trouble and quite possibly start riots everywhere.  All it takes is one comment that someone doesn't like or gesture and..BOOM..Chaos!  If you've seen the movie "Gangs of New York", where at the end of the movie all the gangs gathered in time square (I think) and started just killing each other with whatever they could get their hands on.  Picture that everywhere they hold the TEA Parties and decide with that image if you folks still want to hold them.  I know I'm going to stay as far away as possible.

4. Benz B profile image60
    Benz Bposted 8 years ago

No. Because it is a racist right wing event that serves no purpose but to continue to divide and seperate.  How about on July 4, 2009 everyone that is going to attend a tea party go to a local shelter and donate food and clothing to the homeless.  Or how bout going to a Shriner's hospital and taking balloons and toys to kids that have not been able to sleep at home in their own beds for months.  Isn't that more important than this tea party silliness.  Wow! And I thought Pinnochio was only a fantasy.