This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

How Racist is America today compared to other countries in the world?

1. ixwa profile image84
    ixwaposted 8 years ago

How Racist is America today compared to other countries in the world?

2. SheriSapp profile image61
    SheriSappposted 8 years ago

Since I reside in the USA and my info @ other countries comes from sources other than my own observations, I have to base my thoughts on these other sources.  That said, it seems that here we really do TRY to not be racist.  Our government institutions are, by law, not operated as racist entities.  As a female, I thank God daily that I had the great good fortune to be born here.  I see scenes from the Islamic world, and the horrible living conditions, and I always ask "How much more advanced and developed could these countries be if they only allowed women to contribute?".  This nation definitely has its problems, and there will always be individuals who are biased against whatever group for whatever reason, but at least we try to have everyone treated fairly and equally in the eyes of the law.

3. davidseeger profile image60
    davidseegerposted 8 years ago

Why do we fixate on the idea that only Americans are racists?
    Racism is endemic the world around. Ask the Gypsies, Ask the Kurds. Ask the Armenians. Ask in Bosnia. Ask in South Africa. Everywhere there are people there are those who want no part of those who are different from themselves and are willing to use any means to prevent contact.

As for America. It has improved over the last 50 years but racism will never be totally irradicated. Let me tell you though that Jews can be very racist. Blacks can be very racist. Orientals can be racist. Anyone in this country can be a racist. Please note that I say "can be" not "is".

I've done a little traveling in my time and I find it present in every part of the world I have seen.

working