jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

why do many people consider whites as superior and people of other colors inferi

1. Vizey profile image52
    Vizeyposted 8 years ago

why do many people consider whites as superior and people of other colors inferior?

2. Mr. Happy profile image84
    Mr. Happyposted 8 years ago

Ignorance,  ugly traditions and morals ... the "white man" kept lying to himself, telling himself that he's  superior for so long that he actually believed it at one point. The funny part is that for example when the "white man" landed in Japan for the first time the Japanese people thought that "white" people were all barbarians ... in turn the white man forced others into slavery and ya ... all nonsense. It's what we do and not how we look that really matters.

3. profile image52
    consumer_tgposted 8 years ago

Obviously, because they're racists!  Some people today are saying racism cannot be defined, but of course it can - you and I just did it!

1. Levertis Steele profile image84
      Levertis Steeleposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The number of comments in TWO years says a lot.

4. Kebennett1 profile image60
    Kebennett1posted 8 years ago

One word say's it all " IGNORANCE". My daughter who is Black/Indian say's "SELFISHNESS". So, two words.
    The plaque on the Statue of Liberty does not say, Give me your hungry, your tired and your poor--but only if you are White. Jesus never said, Come unto me, but only if your White! White people need to be reminded that slaves were not only Black! There were slaves in all nations, thus all colors, including White. So White people can not say slaves were inferior because they were "Black". Slaves were treated as inferior and did not fight back because they were made to submit out of fear for themselves and their families most of the time. Now with most of the world free from the degradation of slavery. Equality amongst all people has been fought for and won. Only those who are Ignorant and selfish still believe otherwise.

5. someonewhoknows profile image75
    someonewhoknowsposted 8 years ago

Seeing as how you framed the question I get the impression that you think people from all colors consider whites superior.

Plus I'm not sure what you mean by superior.In what way?

I can name several famous people from all different races,that don't appear to be inferior.

The fact is we all have our faults.

Some races are prone to certain genetic defects more than others.If that's what you mean by inferior.

Culture differences are another thing someone might consider an inferiority.To each his own.

As long as we can live with each other that's all that counts.

working