jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is global warming a hoax?

1. ZippoLighterFanat profile image55
    ZippoLighterFanatposted 8 years ago

Is global warming a hoax?

I have heard great arguments for both sides of global warming. Does anyone here have an opinion on whether they think Global warming is man-made or a natural event?

2. Hmrjmr1 profile image82
    Hmrjmr1posted 8 years ago

There's the rub, I don't think it's a hoax exactly but the global warming green agenda has pushed junk science to it's limits. We know from studies of the soil patterns that the earth temps go in cycles, in patterns that extend millennium, I don't think we will know until 20-20,000 years in the future, who's right. Those that say its false generally have an economic issue with the costs of reducing CO2 emissions.
    Probably need to balance the two concerns as we know we are adding to a problem, but we can't be sure how much of a difference we are making or that we can really make a difference on correcting it.
    So for my personal opinion yes we are contributing to it but we have to look for cost effective ways to correct what we can.

3. Abe Normal profile image57
    Abe Normalposted 8 years ago

No hoax. It can affect the gulf stream adversely and lower plankton levels, which rely on cold, deep water circulation and provide whales food.
    Green technology is a burgeoning segment of the economy and worth an investment of manpower.

-Abe Normal
    Ars longa, vita brevis

4. LetusPonder profile image79
    LetusPonderposted 8 years ago

People, the media actually, need to follow the money with this global warming thing. If they do, they'll soon find out that the people shouting about global warming the most are positioning themselves to make the most money.

We distrust politicians and lawyers and big business so much, why aren't we distrusting those same people when it comes to global warming?

The most convincing evidence I've found regarding global temperature fluctuations is at petitionproject.org.  They have interesting graphs comparing solar activity to various weather info.

And then there's the question about how they've recently discovered villages that have been buried by ice that's recently melted (in Greenland, I think).  Yes, the ice is melting, but...

If a village once existed 500-1000 years ago, then isn't the natural conclusion to this that, at one point prior to the industrial revolution and prior to all of our man-made gases, the Earth was once warmer?

Doesn't this cause people to ALSO want to investigate NATURAL temperature fluctuation cycles?

5. affordableweb profile image60
    affordablewebposted 6 years ago

No, its not a hoax. It's a political ploy being overhyped but the warming planet is real. In Negril Jamaica you can stand on the cliffs and see that the ground you stand on is an ancient reef. The sea level has dropped at least 30 feet in the time since there were fish swimming over that reef.

working